PDA

View Full Version : 1000pt dwarf at to go with ogres

Kanarten
04-09-2010, 16:59
Hi all um joining a friend for 2k doubles so 1k each he is taking ogres(not sure why yet) but when deciding what army to myself I noticed I had 30 classic long beards and the special bugman model so began thinking of a dwarf at faster than ogres

Bugman
29 longbeard rangers w/ shields and full command
16 quarreller rangers
Gyrocopter

Just under 1k but the army can be up in your grill right at the start or deploy away if I want. Bugmans ld 10 and immune to fear and terror and panic should keep the main unit around until the ogres catch up and the quarrellers can start in 15" for short range against those squishy targets, the gyro was just because its fast and can catch up but also cos of the spray

So what do you think? Fastest dwarf army known to man?

ROCKY
04-09-2010, 19:30
not really and its illegal. you cant have more longbeards and dwarf warriors. everyone knows/has rangers+miners.
what you need to do is rethink this. your friend is taking ogres. this means loads of combat and charges. he doesnt need your dwarves to do your measly s4 attacks and short legs. also rangers dont count as core so your army is illegal in 2 ways lol.
right if you want to help your buddy out think what he need:
CC: hes got that covered
Magic: not really
Magic resistance: THIS is where you come in: take a Runesmith with GW, rune of gromril, and 2 runes of spell eating (dispel scroll rune). so thats an extra DD and 2 no spell for you runes hehehe.
Shooting: this is your cup of tea: war machines and shooty core troops.
and if you want try to get a cheap 24man warrior unit with shields.

if u play to your friends strenghts you WILL decimate your opponents. doubles is about team work not individual tactics or armies.

Gotrek
04-09-2010, 19:50
if you have bugman those LB rangers are legal. and whatahell is rangers don't count as core? of course they're core.

in truth thou i'd take a runesmith and a BSB in a solid block of GW dwarfs (ogres don't have much in the way of ranks), perhaps a small unit of slayers to flank them and as many cannons as i could get. that's a good list for ogres

Kanarten
04-09-2010, 19:57
Well the choice of models was down to what I already have, from what I gather the quarrellers are the main range unit an bugman gets +1 ranger units which the FAQ stated don't count towards the longbeard/warrior limit so legal unless someone can state otherwise. The main idea here was that te main weakness of the ogres is getting shot before they get there with this I can be in combat with those shooty or units with wizards second turn at the latest I like the idea of the rune smith for the magic defence though so I may see gow I can fit him in

ROCKY
04-09-2010, 20:23
if you have bugman those LB rangers are legal. and whatahell is rangers don't count as core? of course they're core.

in truth thou i'd take a runesmith and a BSB in a solid block of GW dwarfs (ogres don't have much in the way of ranks), perhaps a small unit of slayers to flank them and as many cannons as i could get. that's a good list for ogres

If you take a look at your book in the ranger section it says they do NOT count as the minimum core requirement. thus the list is illegal because he does not have any core units. his quallerers are also rangers.

Kanarten
05-09-2010, 07:24
Sorry I mist have missed that I've looked on page 35 (unit description) and 53 (army entry) and I can't see where they don't count as core??

Edit just found it under bugmans rule but it's only for his unit so the quarrellers do count as core

Edit again lol I just checked the points for the quarreller unit and it's 249 so I need 1 more point and it will be legal

Gotrek
05-09-2010, 10:13
that does not count as core is 7th edition dude... now he just needs to have 25%+ on core troops. it is legal. check the faq