PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen - 2000 points - my first combat army!

Tower_Of_The_Stars
04-09-2010, 23:09
So in recent years I have played Empire and Skaven and in both of these armies I field level 4 casters. I am keen at some point, in the not to distant future, to start collecting a Lizardmen army and not wanting to go down the Slaan/Temple Guard route I constructed this combat orientated list.

Saurus Oldblood: Halberd, Armour of Destiny, Carnosaur: 413

Skink Priest: Level 2 Wizard, Diadem of Power, Ancient Stegadon w/Engine of the Gods: 415

20 Saurus Warriors: spears, musician, standard bearer: 258

Stegadon: 235

5 Chameleon Skinks: 60

2 Salamander Hunting Packs: 150

Total: 1999

Comments and criticism welcome!

macdaddy_o
04-09-2010, 23:30
I understand that you don't want to use a slann, but you have to understand that on a lizard man army he is the best choice hands down. The old blood is pretty good in combat, but overall not really worth it. The caenosaur is a walking target.

I you'd don't want a slann, take 2 scar vets, one as a bsb, and 2 skunk priests, one with the cube of darkness, NO engine because it dies easily and eats up too many points.

Just my 2 cents.

Tower_Of_The_Stars
04-09-2010, 23:57
Thanks for your advice. I included the Engine of the Gods for its 5+ ward save ability and the 1+ to dispel it gives my Skink Priest. However, I take your point that the Priest will die easily on top of it. If I were to include two Skink Priests, in which units could I field them? If they went with the Saurus would they benefit from the Look Out Sir! rule etc? For now I think I am going to include the Carnosaur as I want a beast in combat and love the model. Anyway, the revised list:

Skink Priest: Cube of Darkness: 105

Skink Priest: Lv2, Diadem of Power, Cloak of Feathers: 150

3 Salamander Hunting Packs: 225

And without the Carnosaur:

Scar-Vet: light armour, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone, Blade of Chotec: 140

Scar-Vet: shield, great weapon, Battle Standard Bearer, Armour of Destiny: 169

Skink Priest: Lv2, Cube of Darkness, Dragonfly of Quicksilver: 150

Skink Priest: Lv2, Diadem of Power: 125

Total: 1990

Vsurma
05-09-2010, 11:24
So in recent years I have played Empire and Skaven and in both of these armies I field level 4 casters. I am keen at some point, in the not to distant future, to start collecting a Lizardmen army and not wanting to go down the Slaan/Temple Guard route I constructed this combat orientated list.

Skink Priest: Level 2 Wizard, Diadem of Power, Ancient Stegadon w/Engine of the Gods: 415

Comments and criticism welcome!

Just make sure you never solo charge anything with the carnosaur lord that has a champion, you will be challenged, your carnosaur will not get to attack and you will likely lose.

Tower_Of_The_Stars
05-09-2010, 12:22
Just make sure you never solo charge anything with the carnosaur lord that has a champion, you will be challenged, your carnosaur will not get to attack and you will likely lose.

Is that because the Oldblood will likely kill the champion before the Carnosaur can attack?

Vsurma
05-09-2010, 16:56
Exactly, you might find yourself running from any block of troops.