PDA

View Full Version : "Non-Standard" 8thed Armies FAQ at tournaments

CaliforniaGamer
06-09-2010, 03:31
I havent seen this answered in other Warseer threads yet, but it maybe my search fu is weak...

But as Chaos Dwarves as well as other stuff like Kislevites dont have a unit designation for troop types, how can they be fielded at tournaments?

In same vein, stuff like Rhinox riders are creating all sorts of tournament shenanigans...

To clarify: if a tournament allows Rhinox Riders for Ogre Kingdoms per the FW rules set, they are treated as: Cavalry per the rules right? ie- no stomp/thunderstomp, can be subjected to killing blow etc.

Apparently the flavor of the week at some tournaments where I am is to: 1.) bring non standard army where there are no rules up to date on, and then 2.) make up the rules as you play.

Tomalock
06-09-2010, 05:09
Oh that sounds like fun! Can I bring my Daemonic Vampire-Slann army of death? I can promise a unique gaming experience every time I hit the table!

Paraelix
06-09-2010, 11:26
Oh that sounds like fun! Can I bring my Daemonic Vampire-Slann army of death? I can promise a unique gaming experience every time I hit the table!

Yes. And I vouch your head would be hitting the table repeatedly...

Dutch_Digger
06-09-2010, 11:34
Don't forget to bring a magic 8-ball to answer any rules-questions.

narrativium
06-09-2010, 13:16
Most tournaments I've been to produce some form of pack to declare what's legal and what's not - usually (but not always) limiting the players to just the fifteen army books, and whether or not special/named characters are permitted.

If the tournament organiser is allowing armies/units which aren't covered in that range, it's really up to them to provide the appropriate new rules - after all, the tournament organisers will usually also be adjudicating disputes between players.

Personally I'd suggest that a Rhinox Rider is an example of Monstrous Cavalry. But I'm not running your event.

T10
06-09-2010, 14:14
I havent seen this answered in other Warseer threads yet, but it maybe my search fu is weak...

Surely the tournament organizers will provide you with the appropriate house rules required to bridge the gap between 7th and 8th editions for these units.

This forum can only offer best-guess advice and opinions that are not guaranteed to be accepted at all.

-T10