PDA

View Full Version : WElf 1250 forest spirits conflict list

AussieLauren
07-09-2010, 10:38
Many thanks for looking at this list for a friend of mine. 1250 points for an all-comers army, meant to be fun but with decent dispel power, with dryads to go for flanks or around the back. Treekin and treeman form the anvil with glade guard behind with the spellweaver

1 Spellweaver (General; Hand Weapon; Longbow)
Divination Orb, Lore of Life

1 Branchwraith (Causes Fear)
A Cluster of Radiants

10 Dryads (Causes Fear; Skirmishers)

11 Dryads (Causes Fear; Skirmishers)

15 Glade Guard (Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Longbow)

3 Tree Kin (Causes Fear; Flammable; Scaly Skin)

1 Treeman
Total Roster Cost: 1248

Many thanks!

Archaon999
08-09-2010, 06:10
Treekin?

It looks good. My friend is also taking wood elves to conflict. It looks good but i would take more archers

ironarm
08-09-2010, 06:30
I believe there should also be three treekin included in there as well.

AussieLauren
08-09-2010, 07:01
Many thanks; I updated to include the treekin

Archaon999
08-09-2010, 07:38
lol now it looks very similar to my best friends wood elf list

AussieLauren
09-09-2010, 11:46
How is his characters set up? I wonder if the list has too much emphasis on dispelling - but then, if the dreaded 6-1 is rolled, you'll potentially have more dice to dispel with than the caster!

Archaon999
09-09-2010, 12:09
i am the friend of archaon who is taking wood elves in conflict i would recommend only taking one hero as wood elves are very point costly and an extra unit of wardancers or maybe glade riders would go a lot further. also the mage on lore of life is very point costly and so is the treeman i would recommend only taking 1 of those not both or maybe keep the treeman and have a lvl 1 mage which is much cheaper. I have already checked and woodland ambush is allowed provided you bring your own 6" forest.

Methios
09-09-2010, 19:05
funny that you name glade riders and wardancers.
Altho wardancers still have their uses. (altho somewhat limited due to step up) the gladeriders are the worse unit wood elves have atm.
For only 2 points more you have wild riders, who are alot better. (and still pretty crappy)

The setup looks pretty solid to me.
Warmachines are going to hurt tho :) i would preffer an eagle or 2 to tie them up quikly.

goodz
10-09-2010, 08:41
i have found the treeman to be worth it over an eagle. At 1250 you simply can't have both. warmachines are hurty but i think in 8th youll see more magic heavy then war machines. should do pretty good, most warmachines will be shooting your treeman probably so if u can keep him alive with lore of life that is :) Also you have no banners?