PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld GUO Base

Hunger
07-09-2010, 14:09
Afternoon all,

I just received my FW Great Unclean One in the post this morning (good old ebay meant I got it 25% cheaper) however there's no base with it.

Does the miniature normally come with a base if ordered from FW? I'm guessing it doesn't given the size of the model, but just wanted to check with those that know.

Assuming it doesn't come with base, I would rather like to put it on one - any suggestions as to any companies that would sell one of an appropriate size?

Thanks in advance.

Godzooky
07-09-2010, 14:11
Aloha.

I heard somewhere on here that he originally didn't come with a base, but is now packaged with the Valk oval stand as standard.

I could be wrong. I'm sure others can confirm or deny.

EDIT: I probably have one I can post you gratis if you need one. Bought a 5-pack a while back and never used them.

Bunnahabhain
07-09-2010, 14:28
Or you just take a bit of thick plasti-card, and make yourself a sensible (i.e. one that looks right) one....

Mannimarco
07-09-2010, 15:36
Yeah I ordered mine a week after he appeared on the site, he didnt come with a base then.

gwarsh41
07-09-2010, 15:38
He comes with the large oval base, same one that trygon has. I think the first pick in my nurgle painting log shows him on it.
It is a bit odd to base him as he has a thin layer, about 1mm of resin around his feet and such. Makes him stand off the base slightly.

Hunger
07-09-2010, 15:53
Thanks, I'll have to assume that the guy I bought mine from got his before they started giving bases awat with the GUO.

Godzooky, thank you kind sir, that would be excellent - I can paypal you some money for it if you like? Please PM me if you'd be up for that - I'l give you my address.