PDA

View Full Version : 1500 points Mono Tzeentch

cabowers
07-09-2010, 15:50
Ok so here is the deal I am currently in month 2 of a 4 month escalation campaign. Each month the army size increases by 500 points so this month we are at 1000 but next month we jump up to 1500 points. The only thing is I am a little stumped on what to add to my army next.

We have to include what we included the month before so I have to include at least:
Level 2 sorcerer with mark of tzeentch
2 x 12 Chaos Warriors with Shields, Mark of Tzeentch and full command
2 x 20 Chaos Marauders with Shields, Mark of Tzeentch and full command.

Now the sorcerer and the Chaos Warriors do have magic items and banners but these can be changed. So I am looking for some help. This is what I came up with:

Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch, Mark of Tzeentch; General; Magic Level 4; Chaos Armour, Talisman of Preservation, Spell Familiar

Exalted Hero of Tzeentch, Mark of Tzeentch; Battle Standard, Bronze Armour of Zhrakk, Talisman of Endurance

20 Chaos Marauders of Tzeentch, Mark of Tzeentch; Shield; Full Command

20 Chaos Marauders of Tzeentch, Mark of Tzeentch; Shield; Full Command

18 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch, Mark of Tzeentch; Chaos Armour; Shield; Full Command

18 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch, Mark of Tzeentch; Chaos Armour; Shield; Full Command

Comes in at 1496 so not much room to play with, any comments and suggestions would be gratefully received

ROCKY
07-09-2010, 19:08
right, first off dont take a lvl 4 in this small of a game. secondly focus on what you have before adding. take your wizard as a level 2 put him with a unit of warriors (bump them to 14) and give him spell familiar, and the talisman of preservation and the icon curse icon, which will give the unit he is with a 5+ward from all shooting. put the marauders into one unit full command, shield and light armor (much cheaper) and then take the other warrior unit and bump ot to 18 ish with halberds and blasted standard. lastly take some knights with MOT. or other stuff. and if u really want a bsb, dont bother giving him any magic gear, keep him cheap. give him hw and shield. and the frenzy standard.

cabowers
07-09-2010, 19:16
I would love to take a level 2 sorcer with the Talisman of Preservation, a spell familiar and the IronCurse Icon, however I'm not sure how everyone will treat me with a hero with 65 points of magic items, lol.

Think I shud have also mentioned that while it is an escalation campaign it is also a tale of many gamers type thing were we are also buying each 500 points and painting it during the month, hence I cant really mix my marauders up as they will have different colour schemes, same with warriors, and also I dont want any calvary as I have a mono khorne all cav army. A last thing as well I dont like taking the magic banners that dont belong in a Tzeentch army:
Blasted Standard + Banner of Wrath - Tzeentch - Good
Banner of Rage - Khorne - Bad

thesheriff
07-09-2010, 19:33
I would love to take a level 2 sorcer with the Talisman of Preservation, a spell familiar and the IronCurse Icon, however I'm not sure how everyone will treat me with a hero with 65 points of magic items, lol

I would keep the lv.4 (Magic is amazing in smaller games), but if you want, talismain of endurance, spell familiar, iron curse icon is 5opts exactly, and gives you a 4+ ward, instead of a 3+. So, a bit of a compramise.

thesheriff

ROCKY
07-09-2010, 19:57
I would love to take a level 2 sorcer with the Talisman of Preservation, a spell familiar and the IronCurse Icon, however I'm not sure how everyone will treat me with a hero with 65 points of magic items, lol.

Think I shud have also mentioned that while it is an escalation campaign it is also a tale of many gamers type thing were we are also buying each 500 points and painting it during the month, hence I cant really mix my marauders up as they will have different colour schemes, same with warriors, and also I dont want any calvary as I have a mono khorne all cav army. A last thing as well I dont like taking the magic banners that dont belong in a Tzeentch army:
Blasted Standard + Banner of Wrath - Tzeentch - Good
Banner of Rage - Khorne - Bad

i am sorry i meant the talisman of endurance (the 5+ward for 30points) because that would mean 30+15+5 which is legal. (you should have figured that out lol) anyways thats a great build