PDA

View Full Version : 2kpts TK

exodusofman
07-09-2010, 21:08
this is my shot at making a TK army that can stand a chance in 8th as you may or may not know tk took a nice hit from rules updates so alot of our good stuff isnt that good anymore but heres hoping this works.

Lords
Liche High Priest
Casket of souls
brooch of the great desert
dispel scroll

460pts

Heroes

Tomb prince
LA
shield
sword of swift slaying
dragon helm
obsidian trinket
154pts

Tomb prince
gold sigil sword
armour of fortitude
shield
152pts

Core

30 Skeletons
bows
Musician(for swift reforms)
banner
255pts

30 Skeletons
bows
Musician(for swift reforms)
banner
255pts

Special

4 ushabti
260pts

4 ushabti
260pts

rare

screaming skull catapult
skulls of the foe
110pts

screaming skull catapult

Total:1996

exodusofman
10-09-2010, 03:11
noone really wel here we go a very shameful bump

Grovel
10-09-2010, 06:45
Not enough liches, and it's hard to justify any TK list without Tomb Guard.

I'd say probably dump an ushabti and a catapult to find some points.

kyinpie
10-09-2010, 09:18
your hirophant is very vulnerable! no protection and stuck on a non-moving casket! shot down or magic to death! T10 will only get you so far! if i was playing against you i will throw all my shooting and magic at it, and more than half my army against it and think its a good pay off if he dies! i play tomb kings and i would recomend the units of archers to be reduced to 20 get rid of the ushabti add skulls of the foes on the secound catapult add tomb guard and a scorpion! maybe a unit of chariots too! change the LHP for a king and the two princes for three priests!
even in 8th ed tomb kings can win, its very very dificult but it can be done, just think 7th ed lists!

Enigmatik1
10-09-2010, 14:00
I read this a few days ago, but it felt like a really defensive list and I'm no good with those. Kyinpie and Grovel have already given some solid advice. The only issues I have are:

a) No Tomb King to provide core chariots (no, they aren't totally useless) and a banner for your skeleton block (key if it has any hope of not getting annihilated quickly)
b) Lack of protection for your Hierophant, as already noted
c) Lack of magical support for your entire army, as already noted
d) No real anvil to hold things up for Ushabti to do their thing, skeletons don't cut it. If you want to run Ushabti (or a Bone Giant), it's almost obligatory you run Tomb Guard to anvil for them.
e) No Tomb Scorpions...everyone takes them. They're that good compared to the rest of our list.

Chris_
12-09-2010, 03:20
Most advice is solid. Another option for an anvil is to change one of the bow skeleton warriors to HW/Shield, banner of the undying legion and get a tomb king with Spear of Anthrak and Scorpion armour. That should work as an alternative anvil unit if you don't have/want to use Tomb Guard which are basically superior in every way.

spiderman5z
12-09-2010, 09:55
u dont wanna put ur hierophant on the casket. It's a big immovable target even if it is T10 udh any ward saves on it or anything. You're magic is gonna get all dispelled with only 3 casters. I'd ditch a TP and get a couple cheap LP