PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Throgg Monster Horde

Walls
07-09-2010, 22:43
Here is goes, yet another try and this time even throwing a BSB in!

Throgg
BSB: MoT, Disk, Halberd/Shield, Luckstone, either Stream of Corruption or Collar of Khorne
2x5 Hounds
5 Trolls (Throgg here)
4 Trolls
6 Ogres: MoK, Chaos Armor, FC, GW
Spawn: MoS
Hellcannon

I can almost swap the BSB for 3 Dragon Ogres. So, thoughts on about my 5th iteration of this list?

(It's being built for an escalation league)

Archaon999
08-09-2010, 08:41
Looking great

lomore
09-09-2010, 00:22
Seems a fun list to play.
Probably you'll have some problems with fire attacks because once Throgg is dead the game is over, but it's a nice list.

With this list probably you could play a Khorne BSB on jugg (better if you're going for halberd + dawnstone) or even a nurgle one.

I'd use MoN on the ogres, extra attack is nice, but MoN+Fear has a more powerful interaction and it helps alot with shooting too.
Same with the spawn, probably, this way you have units either hard to hit with shooting or with regen.

Walls
09-09-2010, 04:12
I am toying with the BSB build... and thanks for the comments so far... to either magic or combat. Someone suggested a horse, then the Book of Secrets and a Spell Familiar. He'd be rolling all the powerdice afterall. Take Shadows and debuff the enemy a bunch.

I could also go total combat with a juggerrider.

Or I could go like my original as a flying warmachine hunter.

immortal git
10-09-2010, 10:30
book of secrets!?!?! I fear the miscast table too much for that, first time i used it, boom wizard and my unit oif chaos warriors vanished

randomkrazy
11-09-2010, 05:32
book of secrets!?!?! I fear the miscast table too much for that, first time i used it, boom wizard and my unit oif chaos warriors vanished

that's why you put sorcs on the end of your units, and keep them in marauders if possible.

Walls
11-09-2010, 05:54
Or, like my army you don't run marauders and run your sorcerer on a disk all by himself.

immortal git
11-09-2010, 23:23
he rolls one dice when he miscasts, 1234 is horrible no matter what your in