PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Pt Competitive Lizards

Culsandar
08-09-2010, 01:49
So I'm trying to convince a friend of mine that his Lizards are competitive, and he's not seeing it. I think it's his strength in list building. I crafted this list to see how strong they could be so we could play test a few games. Give me some input before I print it out and hand it to him.

L
Slann - BSB, Cupped hands, SoDisc, Mystery (Life), Cogitation, Rumination

H
Skink Priest - Engine of the Gods, Dispel scroll

C
Saurus x20 - Mus, SB
Saurus x20 - Mus, SB
Saurus x20 - Mus, SB

S
Temple Guard x19 - Mus, SB
Stegadon
Stegadon

R
Salamander
Salamander

macattack428
08-09-2010, 02:00
I'm currently in a tourney and a Lizzy player runs almost the same list and its brutal. I watched him almost ruin a WoC player by turn three. If it wasn't for his own comet literally destroying his army, he woulda won by a massacre.

Culsandar
08-09-2010, 12:44
No input? Keep it like it is?

Elyssia
08-09-2010, 13:35
You have no flank or warmachine control. Anyone with cannons and templates will wipe you.

- Drop 1 unit of saurus
- Get 2 units of something small and fast and
- Use the remaining points to booste the other saurus units to 25 each.

Also a dawnstone on the priest won't hurt.

ramongoroth
08-09-2010, 15:05
I also am a fan of saurus at least 24 strong. Skink skirmishers / chameleon skinks are very handy tools.

ArmyC
08-09-2010, 15:56
Are Warriors on Cold ones no good at all? I rarely see them in lists.

I would turn one of the stegadons into skinks of some variety. They give so much flexibility.

Malorian
08-09-2010, 16:00
I also am a fan of saurus at least 24 strong.

Keep at least one unit at 20. Then you can start it in the watchtower.

Dead Man Walking
08-09-2010, 18:19
I am not a fan of the engine, one cannon will put 1-6 wounds on the stegadon and at the same time it will put 1-6 wounds on the priest which is a 5 in 6 chance per cannon ball that your priest dies and then you cant use your engine. A 5+ ward only goes so far.

Against your weakness (cannonballs) you don't have any defence which would be cameleons. My cameleons have been astounding in every game they play in and I couldn't imagine playing with less than 2 units of them. 1 unit in my last game took out a cannon, the empire repeater cannon (forgot name, hellcanon?), a mortar, a lvl 2 mage and an engineer.

If you don't face cannons you should be okay, but I think you need to make your list more flexible by placing more units on the table and icreasing each sally unit to at least 2 sallies per unit. The sally thing isnt a must have but thats just how I prefer them.

ramongoroth
08-09-2010, 18:23
Are Warriors on Cold ones no good at all? I rarely see them in lists.

They're not *bad.* They suffer a little more than other cavalry in 8th ed. Since block infantry got better (steadfast and step up) and now attack order is initiative based they're generally seen as a worse option than say a stegodon, salamanders or just more saurus on foot for the points.