PDA

View Full Version : 2500 High Elves infantry based

Aljoman
08-09-2010, 08:48
Hi, this is my general High Elf list + some extra to make it 2500.

LORD 12.6%

Archmage
L3
Silver Wand
Talisman of Preservation
Life Magic

HERO 13.32%

Mage
L2
The Seerstaff of Saphery
Have used Metal with Enchanted Blades of Aiban and Glittering Robe with some success and High with Courage of Anarion and Fury of Khaine.

Noble
BSB
Armour of Caledor
Dawnstone
Great Weapon
Dawnstone is better than 5+ ward against S5 hits and lower, the same for S6 and worse for S7 and ignore armor saves

CORE 28.2%

20 Lothern Sea Guard
Shields
Command
Banner of Eternal Flame

20 Spearmen
Command

20 Spearmen
Command

SPECIAL 41%

20 Phoenix Guard
Comand
Banner of Sorcery

20 White Lions of Chrace
Command
Standard of Dicipline

10 Sword Masters of Hoeth

10 Sword Masters of Hoeth

RARE 0%

I have 122 points left so thats my main query, also lore for the L2 and comments on the unit of lions, have not used a unit bigger than 10 so far in practice(Looking to get a set of the new plastics).

Questions and comments please.

slingersam
08-09-2010, 09:57
Not a bad list, but you are missing out on long range support. Also another thing to look at is maybe making the arch mage a lvl4, the difference between knowing 4 spells or 5 spells, is major with lore of life considering you need most of them. Another thing you need to worry about is units that are faster than you. What I recommend is either dropping the swordmasters or white lions as this will clear up a lot of room for you either throw in dragon princes or bolt throwers, to handle those fast out flanking units.

Now if you want to stick to your theme, I would recommend you increase the swordmasters to 7x2 instead of 5x2. Also decreasing the white lions to 7x2. But I still think you should only take 1 or the other. Increasing the mage to lvl4 should still be done. Also the lore you should take for your second mage is either lore of shadow, just for leadership = str, combining that with flesh to stone makes the unit disgusting also, Beast as signature spell will help a lot, also a lot of the spells can buff up your lone hero so he becomes a combat beast.

Aljoman
08-09-2010, 10:38
Thanks for the reply.

That Archmage is level 4, paid the points just miss typed.

I haven't come up against anything that has severely flanked me, and i can usually throw a unit of sword masters at it unless they can shoot. I do like the princes, are they OK running around on their own without a character/size thoughts/with without command?

Will the lions be ok with just 14? I am planing on having them away from the Archmage so maybe no magic support from them.

If i drop one unit of sword masters and raise/lower the other swords/lions to 14 respectively i get 302 points to play with. I have 2 bolt throwers and am probably going to get 10 princes when they come out.

D'Haran
08-09-2010, 15:14
14 lions will be fine, especially if you keep the SM's. Everybody will focus on the SM's leaving the lions free to roam the wilds. I'd like to see some Eagles in this list, it'll give you alot more control over deployment and the battlefield in general.

puckus10
08-09-2010, 20:33
Defintely get a bolt thrower. With the other 22 points I recommend giving both swordmaster units a musician so they can reform easier.

Aljoman
09-09-2010, 02:03
Thanks for the input guys. I can chuck 2 bolt throwers in without any problems.

Anyone have thoughts on adding a couple of tiranoc chariots running around? 3 is only 255 and it would give my archmage something to heal with Life Lore Attribute, would mean no ranged support though.

Or i have some Reavers to run at war machines.

lacurra
09-09-2010, 02:11
i was thinking the same thing others have said, you are going to be in trouble if you hit a shooting line since you don't have any long range support and not calvary to get out to hit enemy units that are taking pot shots quickly. i would definitely invest in a bolt thrower or 2 and maybe even sack on of your spearman units and put in some archers. over all though i think it's a pretty good list. i think you are thinking about keeping your ranks strong with regrowth as you go across the board but i haven't found that to work as well as I hope when i try that tactic.

Aljoman
09-09-2010, 02:35
Ok, second go at it.

LORD 12.6%

Archmage
L4
Silver Wand
Talisman of Preservation
Life Magic

HERO 13.32%

Mage
L2
The Seerstaff of Saphery
Okkam's Mindrazor The Enfeebling Foe

Noble
BSB
Armour of Caledor
Dawnstone
Great Weapon

CORE 28.2%

20 Lothern Sea Guard
Shields
Command
Banner of Eternal Flame (Flaming)

20 Spearmen
Command

20 Spearmen
Command

SPECIAL 35.6%

20 Phoenix Guard
Comand
Banner of Sorcery (+d3 Power Pool)

14 White Lions of Chrace
Command
Standard of Discipline (+1 LD)

14 Sword Masters of Hoeth
Command
Banner of Swiftness (+1 M)

RARE 10%

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Eagle

7 Points left. Not sure about the second mage for spells, i think those 2 give him some synergy with dwellers and a big spell if i lose the level 4. Has anyone had Throne of Vines not dispelled recently? After about 3 games everyone caught on and stopped it.

WhiteKnight
09-09-2010, 04:18
The 2nd list is a good improvement! You have long range support for your infantry and the eagle can help take out any war machine crew that can potentially take out the very low armoured units.

slingersam
09-09-2010, 06:35
Yea the second list is better. I still think beast maybe a better spell to go with, as it has a toughness buff, + can make your noble a beast in CC as you wont have anything to really combat a cc lord. Just in case your opponent decides to stop you flesh to stone. And your correct in thinking that people always stop thrones. i've recently have been having trouble getting it off. Also someone mentioned taking a decrease to your core. so you can get some more sword masters. Probably a unit of 5x2 for 150pts. Take some guys out off the phoenix guard, and the spearmen and you should be able to fit the unit in.