PDA

View Full Version : Empire (2,000) - Codename: 'Ninja flaggelents'

thesheriff
08-09-2010, 18:59
Just an idea for using lore of light from an alter to make super quick flaggelents. Loads of conversion possibilitys, and i love the flaggelent models aswell. So, heres what i came up with. Enjoy :p;

Lords
Arch lector w. War Alter = 225
Wizard Lord, Lv.4 w. Talismain of Endurance, Dispel scroll = 265 (lore of life)

Heroes
Warrior priest w. Heavy armour, Shield, = 96
Battle Wizard, Lv.2 w. Seal of Destruction, Iron curse icon = 150 (lore of beasts)

Core
30 Flaggelents = 300
40 Free Company w. command = 220

Special
3 Mortars = 225

Rare
25 Flaggelents = 250
25 Flaggelents = 250

I'm thinking lore of life or light on the lv.4, and either light or beasts on the lv.2. I should get either use time warp or speed of light, which every i need more. I threw in the mortars on a whim, the generals would probably shell the enemy carelessly before shending in the crazy guys with flails.

so, whydya think?

thesheriff

Kiras of the flame
09-09-2010, 06:40
wow....

that's alot of crazy people...

Get more handgunners and cannons... Mortars are a bleh in my book... and I'm an Artillery nut...

Minigiant
09-09-2010, 07:24
I would take lore of life and lore of beasts, you should just play around with which wizard uses what to see what you like.
Transformation of kadon is a very dangerous spell if pulled off, but both of those lores give what empire need, buffs

thesheriff
09-09-2010, 07:49
Thanks for the advice. I wont be taking any state troops unfortunatly. Not crazy enough in my opinion. But i will drop one mortar for a cannon for a monster killer maybe.

And for the lores, i think life will go on the lv.4, beasts on the lv.2 then. I'll edit that.

Minigiant
09-09-2010, 08:59
Thats proberly the best way to put it, use ur level 2 to boost heroesand use ur level 4 to boost the rest of ur army

Gaargod
09-09-2010, 13:38
Beasts make flagellants rather scary, actually. S4(6), T4 is nothing to sniff at. Not so sure about life though - regen only works on wizard and his unit (and you don't really want a wizard in your battleline) and whilst toughness/dweller's rock, regrowthing flagellants is not very efficient. Light/Shadow should be the way to go - shadow to make your flagellants live and kill stuff, or light to make them kill stuff fast.

Also, 3 mortars = win. Those things are cheaper and considerably more killy than stone throwers (except against single targets. But that's what you take cannons for!)

tanka
09-09-2010, 15:26
Rod of Power over the nomal scroll is one change I'd make, I'd also stick 3x10 crossbows instead of the free company and I'd take a couple of cannons over the mortars as well, this should be exactly the same points.

I'd then find points for the speculam, enchanted shield and heavy armour on the war altar.

Then swap the warrior priest for a bsb as if you play the fortitude scenario you could be in trouble.

That's about 50pts you need to find, so 5 rare flagellants really.

As for magic, lv4 on light and lv2 on life I think is the way I'd go, being able to get WS10 and I10 on your flagellants makes them scary.

Atrahasis
09-09-2010, 16:15
If he takes the Rod instead of the Dispel Scroll, that only leaves him 5 points to get the Speculum and enchanted Shield, as he only has 500 to spend on Lords.

I agree on the BSB - currently losing either the Lector (not too hard given his 6+ armour and 4+ ward are all that stands between him and a wooden overcoat) or the Free company (T3 no save weeeeeee) loses Blood and Glory.

Dropping the Free company loses a standard and puts him back in the same position, though. If taking crossbows (and they're not all that good any more - larger unit sizes and overall improved mobility mean that move-or-fire weapons at 8 points a pop are pretty lacklustre) then he'd probably want the standards in the units, which takes another 30 points on top of the 20 more you pay for the naked units.

I agree on the lores, though my level 2 would more than likely be death (for character assassination) or metal (for knight/tank duty).

thesheriff
09-09-2010, 16:33
I thought about a bsb, and he'll definatly be in 2.5k, but, where to drop the points. Also, the militia are there to be a secondary crazy unit, loads of attacks when horded, or impossible to shift with steadfast and priest for hatred. I dont think state troops in general fit the crazy theme, militia whos homes have been destroyed following the buggers might be slightly more theme realistic.

I can see all the good points to lores. Life has to go on the lv.4, or not at all, throne of vines is vital for better stuff, and having throne (if i'm lucky) means he's a one trick pony, having one spell to play with if he's a lv.2 os pretty poor. Then agin, wild form would do a very similar trick, +1T, +1S is awsome. And light on the lv.4 would be cool aswell, if i only get time warp or speed of light, the alter can compensate.

so, becasuse i had 20 pts to play with, i editied it with some subtle changes....

Lords
Arch lector w. War Alter = 225
Wizard Lord, Lv.4 w. Talismain of Endurance, Dispel scroll = 265 (Lore of Light)

Heroes
Warrior priest w. Heavy armour, Shield, Ironcurse icon = 101
Battle Wizard, lv.1 w. seal of destruction = 110 (Lore of Beasts)
Battle Wizard, lv.1 = 65 (Lore of Beasts)

Core
30 Flaggelents = 300
37 Free Company w. command = 205

Special
3 Mortars = 225 :eek:

Rare
25 Flaggelents = 250
25 Flaggelents = 250

Total = 1,997

Dropped some freecompany, and kept them as 3 mortars, and using some crafty shifting got 2 wizards basic, one with a cool scroll, and will opt for wild form for twice the +1S, +1T flaggelent capabilitys.

A side point, for some conversion ideas, mortars crewwed by happless freecompany, beast wizards on all fours, and a corpsecart, enlargened slightly with flaggelents pulling it and a warrior priest on top for the war alter :evilgrin:

so, whydya think?

Fox Of 9
09-09-2010, 16:42
sounds crazy But i Like it i like it alot one problem your nt going to get of all the spells that your wizards have so i wouldn't upgrade the wizard to lvl4 and the with those 35pts i'd turn the militia into 2 units of twenty with command

thesheriff
09-09-2010, 16:54
The lv.4 upgrade gives me a far greater chance of getting what i want, either though rolling it normally or getting a double. and, a lv.4 helps for casting and dispelling, well worth 35pts.

And the unit of 40 is there to attract a sh1t load of attention, if your inexperianced with empire, you see a unit of 40 with 3 charecters in it, as opposed to a unit of 25-30, you lob every template at the, When, the actuall unit is more durable (ironcurse icon) and cheaper (without the charecter). 2 unist of 20 are easily ignored, but 40, youve got a problem on your hands.

but, thanks for the input ;)

Fox Of 9
09-09-2010, 21:15
opps man didnt relise both characters where in there so out the window goes my only misconception

thesheriff
09-09-2010, 21:38
opps man didnt relise both characters where in there so out the window goes my only misconception

All 4 charecters, no where else for them to go. Wizard lord, priest and 2 wizards all go in there. But there cheap, so i dont mind. The 2 battle wizards will sit on the corners of the unit, so they can have the maximum cast bubble on the flanks, where as the lord will sit in the centre, next to the priest to give some cohesion.

thesheriff
10-09-2010, 14:27
Anyone else?

Fox Of 9
10-09-2010, 22:38
Sounds terrifying

jingles 97
15-09-2010, 20:09
i look forward to giving you a game with my warriors :)