PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Slann-less Lizzies

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
09-09-2010, 04:26
This friday I'll (hopefully) be trying out my first Slann-less 8th ed list. Please tell me what you think of this one:

Oldblood- Sword of Bloodshed, light armour, shield, Potion of Strength- 241
Scar-Veteran- BSB, great weapon, Armour of Destiny, shield- 169
Skink Priest- level 2, Dispel Scroll- 125
Skink Priest- level 2, Cube of Darkness- 140
Skink Chief- Sword of Might, light armour, shield, Cloak of Feathers- 104
20 Saurus- spears, full command- 270
20 Saurus- spears, full command- 270
30 Skinks- 3 Kroxigor- 315
Stegadon- 235
Stegadon- 235
6 Chameleon Skinks- 72
4 Terradons- 120
Salamander Hunting Pack- 75
Salamander Hunting Pack- 75

The basic plan is my blocks hold the centre, my Sallies and Stegs on on the flanks, and I pretty much harass the enemy as much as possible before grinding them down in combat.

Any thoughts? How should I spend my remaining points?

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
09-09-2010, 18:58
Poke. Anyone?

I should probably add that, among the changes I've been contemplating are trading the Skink Chief for another Priest (this one with either a Feedback Scroll or Plaque of Tepok). Extra Saurus are another option that I've been toying with.

Grovel
10-09-2010, 06:50
I'm not particularly experienced when it comes to lizardmen, but 3 skink characters on foot is a lot of points you're going to give up fairly regularly...

I'd suggest you dump a naked stegadon for an engine priest, and get rid of the other skink characters altogether. Gives you enough points for another Salamader and to beef up your Saurus units a bit.

Take it with the obligatory grain of salt though.

knightime98
10-09-2010, 10:37
Just for my play style..

These are some of the changes that I would make.

*Drop one Skink Priest
* Give the remaining priest one of your steggies as an Engine
* Find a way to put that Old Blood on a Carnasaur (Thunder Stomp, YEAH BABY).
* Terradons are overpriced points wise and I just don't see them making their points back. If you charge war machines with them... then the warmachines will kill them .. like bolt throwers, organ gun, and such..
* Chameleon skinks are over priced points wise and depending on who you are playing may be a viable choice.
* I'd add 2 salamanders one to each unit you already have.
* I'd give the Skink Chief the War Spear and mount him on a Steggy.
* Note that the BSB will not be able to use a Great Weapon AND shield in combat.
Scaly Skin 5+ and heavy armor = 3+ Armor Save with a 4+ Ward.. Mount him on a Cold One and you'll have a 1+ armor save with Fear..
* Pending points - I'd beef up your Saurus Warriors to 6x4 for 24 strong.

However, with all your characters mounted - points percentage may be an issue.

I might have to start playing Lizardmen without a "broken" Slann list now. It's a shame the Slann is just too darned good. An all eggs in one basket, really a shame GW made him just so way over the top now. I think he beats Teclis even.. just my opinion though.