PDA

View Full Version : Characters and Units

Goldenwolf
09-09-2010, 14:56
Gents,

If a Monstrous Cav Character joined a Fast Cavalry unit, would the unit still be Fast Cavalry? Would it be Monstrous Cavalry? I am guessing they would just be cavalry, but am uncertain.

If a Character that can shoot is in a unit that can't, can he stand and shoot as a charge reaction? I am guessing he can, but as he joins a non-shooty unit am uncertain.

Thanks

TheTrueSloth
09-09-2010, 21:44
Gents,

If a Monstrous Cav Character joined a Fast Cavalry unit, would the unit still be Fast Cavalry? Would it be Monstrous Cavalry? I am guessing they would just be cavalry, but am uncertain.

It's in the RBRB, but the Fast Cav unit would no longer be considered Fast Cavalry in the traditional sense - no free reforms, etc. They wouldn't be a unit of monstrous cavalry either as the unit isn't comprised of monster cav just because one model is. As you said, effectively they're just Cavalry.

If a Character that can shoot is in a unit that can't, can he stand and shoot as a charge reaction? I am guessing he can, but as he joins a non-shooty unit am uncertain.

This is again in the RBRB, but I don't have it to hand so I can't give a page reference. If the character has a bow and none of the restrictions that would stop a unit declaring a stand and shoot reaction, then he can stand and shoot accordingly.

Hope this helps :)

Toodles