PDA

View Full Version : Plague Monks with furnace..horde rule?

Helvegr
10-09-2010, 00:14
Wasn't quite sure about this. If I have 30 plague monks pushing a plague furnace, 15 models on each side of the furnace, would that still give them the horde rule?

Thanks!

ROCKY
10-09-2010, 00:19
as long as they are 10 wide and 3 deep then yes. in other words, say the furnace takes up 3 of their bases in each rank, then in each rank (either side) u should have 3 and 4 on each side of it. and of course at least 3 ranks deep. i would u recommend taking 40 plaguemonks. and give them the plague banner. thats a lot of attacks with poison.

Helvegr
10-09-2010, 00:23
Thanks for the response. So you are saying that the furnace base actually contributes to the total of 10 wide? So at a minimum you could get horde with 21 monks and the furnace? Like this?

PPPFFFPPPP
PPPFFFPPPP
PPPFFFPPPP

Helvegr
10-09-2010, 00:28
i would u recommend taking 40 plaguemonks. and give them the plague banner. thats a lot of attacks with poison.

I just re-read this. Where are you getting poison from. I don't see plague monks having poison attacks, and the plague banner lets you reroll hits and wounds for a single of combat once per game. Did I misunderstand?

ROCKY
10-09-2010, 00:30
Thanks for the response. So you are saying that the furnace base actually contributes to the total of 10 wide? So at a minimum you could get horde with 21 monks and the furnace? Like this?

PPPFFFPPPP
PPPFFFPPPP
PPPFFFPPPP

pretty much, as it states in the rules if the unit is 10 wide then it counts as a horde pg 49. so yeah if they are 10 wide in the front rank and u have enough in the second and third they can all attack. but imo its a wast to have that small of a unit, as they will be killed (they are I3). so 40 is much better ;)

ROCKY
10-09-2010, 00:32
I just re-read this. Where are you getting poison from. I don't see plague monks having poison attacks, and the plague banner lets you reroll hits and wounds for a single of combat once per game. Did I misunderstand?

woops my bad. i mean Frenxy ^_^. so with 40 of them and the banner u get to reroll around 46-50 attacks (including the furnace).

Kevlar
10-09-2010, 01:04
woops my bad. i mean Frenxy ^_^. so with 40 of them and the banner u get to reroll around 46-50 attacks (including the furnace).

Technically the furnace attacks aren't plague monk attacks. You shouldn't get rerolls with it from the banner, even though fluff wise there are three monks on it.

Infurion
10-09-2010, 06:52
Technically the furnace attacks aren't plague monk attacks. You shouldn't get rerolls with it from the banner, even though fluff wise there are three monks on it.
It should not matter actually. The banner only says you get to reroll hits and wounds in this combat phase. That means ALL hits and wounds, right? Even from Furnace?

Haravikk
10-09-2010, 07:28
Hmm, I never thought of applying that banner to the furnace itself, not sure I would but it certainly applies to the attacks from the crew and Plague Priest.

And poison is actually valid if you can cast that appropriate plague spell on the unit; a gajillion poisoned re-rollable attacks from the unit can be pretty insane :)

Mr_Rose
10-09-2010, 10:54
Just so long as you remember that the supporting ranks are still limited to 1 attack each, regardless of Frenzy or other sources of extra attacks.

Also, regarding the amount of space taken up by the furnace, that's covered on p.98 - as long as the base divides into a whole number of models, that's how many spaces it takes up.

TheTriteHarlequin
10-09-2010, 10:57
Just so long as you remember that the supporting ranks are still limited to 1 attack each, regardless of Frenzy or other sources of extra attacks.

Also, regarding the amount of space taken up by the furnace, that's covered on p.98 - as long as the base divides into a whole number of models, that's how many spaces it takes up.

1A + Additional Hand Weapon + Frenzy = 21
+14 supporting attacks
= 35 in example formation given... + Plague Furnace/Priest attacks.