PDA

View Full Version : Giants in 40K?

Achilles
07-03-2006, 11:45
:D hiya I for one love that new plastic giant, and i whould love to field one in (any) 40K army. but as what? anybody any ideas?

probably chaos... a statured Deamon prince?

add some wing to him, and convert him to have one eye, he might make a great looking Magnus the Red for 1000 sons

Ironhand
07-03-2006, 11:49
A Daemon Prince would be appropriate.

Lord-Warlock
07-03-2006, 11:49
I'd say Wraithlord or Carnifex, but then again neither Eldar nor Tyranids would use anything resembling an overgrown human. You could possibly use it as a Sentinel or Dread in a Guard, LotD or Chaos Marine army, where it would fit better.

boogle
07-03-2006, 11:54
a nemesis style guardian in Kill Team, or an Orgyn conversion

Grimtuff
07-03-2006, 11:54
Although the Wraithlord does have appropiate stats for this beast you would have to modify the whole army into something "counts as" to make it fit in. Something that would be rather inventive and clever IMO.

Though a DP is your best bet outside of converting and entire army for it.

Achilles
07-03-2006, 12:20
strap a cannon to one and make him a defiler for a LatD army?

Grimtuff
07-03-2006, 12:27
strap a cannon to one and make him a defiler for a LatD army?

That's what I did (with an old giant) Armour him up with load of bionics to better represent the armour value rather than toughness and you're away!

Wraithbored
07-03-2006, 12:27
OR da biggest meanes warboss dere ever was, makes ghazkhull look like a pansee!

Mojaco
07-03-2006, 12:31
Paint it as a statue as terrain. It doesn't fit any army to be realistic. Try it as an inquisitor ogryn or cybork kinda thingy.

Barbarossa
07-03-2006, 13:13
In the creater feature there were rules for megafauna that would fit the giant rather well.
As for background:
Chaos: Anything goes on a demon world.
Imperium: Enslaved (maybe mind-controlled) alien/genetic experiment
Eldar, Tau: like Imperium or an allied alien
Orks: rare ork breed of incredible size and strenght but too dumb to be the Waaaghboss
Necrons: no

Hlokk
07-03-2006, 13:21
Im getting 2. Ones going in a SM army as an enslaved creature. The other is getting fuelpacks, a flamethrower and armour, and is being a hellhound.

Warboss Garfang
07-03-2006, 13:25
The Hellhound idea is too cool. Sounds sweet.

I think I want one to make into a giant warboss, that would be sweet, but might require some thicker legs, lotsa bionics...ahhh, should be good.

sigur
07-03-2006, 13:33
Although I really don't like the new giant (looks like an Orang Utan rather than a big human, yerch) and the hype GW generates around this kit, I think it would fit best in an Orks army (maybe for pulling a battle tank, or a giant with plates of armour, some weapons strapped on and some cybernetic upgrades which counts as a Dreadnought). Some interesting Squiggoth proxies come to mind too. Like one Giant with a huge rucksack-like thing with a lot of Orks and big guns on it or two Giants carrying some platform or even a Gargant-like contruct which actually is something like a big suit carried by a giant with only his head and his feet being visible....

Lord Humongous
07-03-2006, 13:54
Two giants carrying a "stretcher" mounted battle platform between them would make a damn impressive Squigoth. Be hard to explain why orcs have 2 giants, though, and why they use them to carry things instead of smashing stuff.

sigur
07-03-2006, 14:11
Orks have Ogryns so why shouldn't they have Giants too...:)

SepulchreKnight
07-03-2006, 14:59
A Dred with some armor and applicable weapons.

Lord-Warlock
07-03-2006, 15:17

They do? :eek:

Am I missing some hidden sarcasm here, or am I just very uninformed as to the peculiarities of Codex: Orks...?

Scamshouse
07-03-2006, 15:18
How about as a Giant Chaos Spawn using the FW rules?

Can't remember the rules off hand, but it has the word Giant in the title. :D

Pokpoko
07-03-2006, 16:39
well, the UK WD creature feature had an entry called "gigant beast" or something like that-instead of a carnosaur just use a gigant. it does need oponent's approval tho.(and the model is ugly:D)

eddybowyer
07-03-2006, 17:45
i think a deamon prince would be good

Trench_Raider
07-03-2006, 17:47

Well, they used to back in RT.

"Trench Raider"

tangerinealtoid
07-03-2006, 18:36
Does anyone else remember reference in the fluff to the Storm Lords chapter of space marines? I vaguely remember some references which indicate that they were a gigantic-mutant chapter of space marines. It would be a pretty cool conversion to have a giant-sized space marine.

Rykion
07-03-2006, 18:45
The giant could be converted to fit into an ork or chaos army, but would be tough to fit into most of the others. If you wanted a giant space marine, it would be far easier to use the Inquisitor scale marine.

Zark the Damned
07-03-2006, 18:50
Well, they used to back in RT.
And in 2nd ed too. It's just 3rd ed they don't.

old guard
07-03-2006, 18:53
Isn't there a 'large mutant' choice for LATD army lists? that could be cool

Zark the Damned
07-03-2006, 18:55
There are the rules for Giant Chaos Spawn in FW Imperial Armour Update, that could work (big, dumb and tough to kill)

EVIL INC
08-03-2006, 05:25
You can always use it in a special scenario game run by a gamemaster or as a random creature that wanders the table assaulting the closest model each turn.

Jester Boy
08-03-2006, 07:28
Just the gut is great for a nurgle DP or greater deamon, just (as in just then) had a great idea for a Dread for my nurgle army.

oooooooooohhhhhhhhh

Ironhand
08-03-2006, 11:45
The Big Mutants in the LaTD army are more Ogre-sized I think. The Ogre Kingdoms figures might make good conversion material for them.

Achilles
08-03-2006, 12:28

paint him mettallic and call him C'tan?:D :D :chrome:

ExoCowboy
08-03-2006, 12:31
The Big Mutants in the LaTD army are more Ogre-sized I think. The Ogre Kingdoms figures might make good conversion material for them.

I have thought of making him a Mutant Boss for big mutants. Might be a little bit too big for that, but chaos is like that.

Also for chaos marines it might work well as a enslaved giant (dreadnought), that might go crazy from time to time.

darknar
23-03-2006, 22:12

actually necrons already use humans, they are that one necron unit that does not have the necron special skill and they have huge blades and blasters. why do you think they have that human(so far no aliens) only skill a psychic null pharire (damn splling hard to spell) or a negative in the warp