PDA

View Full Version : Which rule book to get

BlueOrcs
10-09-2010, 16:46
Hi, I am knew to warhammer and am trying to decide which rule book to pick up. I know there is a new 8th edition book, but now that that is out I can get the 7th edition for much cheaper. I'm wondering if I can just get the 7th edition and then just write down any changes in the rules or if there are too many changes to do that.

What are your thoughts?

Ultimate Life Form
10-09-2010, 16:49
I strongly advise against it as you would practically end up copying the entire 8th Ed book. Seriously, they have almost nothing in common (but strangely feels and plays quite the same, which is odd if you think about it).

Loopstah
10-09-2010, 16:50
There are too many changes for that to work, lots of them are quite big changes too.

You can get the mini rulebook from the Island of Blood box set pretty cheap if you look around. This contains all the rules in the big, heavy and expensive hardback version.

Crube
10-09-2010, 16:52
As has been said, the number of changes from 7th to 8th is dramatic.

Cheapest way would seem to be to head over to eBay (or similar) to look out a copy of the mini rulebook from the Island of Blood box set...

wilsongrahams
10-09-2010, 17:58
Try bits sites like those advertised on here at the top - they sell the mini book cheaply.
I would wait before checking ebay for now as they currently go for around 15 each because demand is high - when demand is lower you can get them then - give it a month I'd say. Until then pop to your store or concentrate on painting if you can.