PDA

View Full Version : Why Does the Gyrocopter roll partial's to hit?

Maximus Lucifer
10-09-2010, 19:39
As the title says...

Please explain why the Dwarven Gyrocopter roll partial's, when the new template rules do not use partial's? I know i've read it on the web, but did not find a valid quote, beside the rules in the Gyro.

Is it because its not a breath weapon per se? or because it says so in the Dwarf Book?

tmarichards
10-09-2010, 20:16
Unfortunately, it's because it says so in the Dwarf army book and army book takes precedence over rulebook.

Along with the gyro not being bale to march and shoot, it's really not as good as I had hoped it would be.

But at least it's not a one use only breath weapon attack, even if it isn't flaming.

SiNNiX
10-09-2010, 22:43
This is something that will definitely be changed in the release of the next army book (2012?), but for now it really makes the gyrocopter obsolete for the most part. It is a slight advantage for the steam gun to be able to be used every turn, though.

sulla
11-09-2010, 07:46
Is it because its not a breath weapon per se? or because it says so in the Dwarf Book?Pretty much because nobody bothered to amend it's rules in the dwarf FAQ, so you have to play it as written in the armybook (armybooks override the main rules when they conflict). Add it to the pile of things that should have been changed, but weren't, like the strength of hellcannon, trebuchet and empire hellstorm or gut magic non stackable buffs.

Dutch_Digger
11-09-2010, 08:38
Oh i dont mind the trebuchet S5 one bit :D im painting one up right now.

Someone told me the gyrocopter cannot fly and use its steam gun in the same turnl... if thats true that machine is a joke.

Citadel97501
11-09-2010, 09:18
Oh i dont mind the trebuchet S5 one bit :D im painting one up right now.

Someone told me the gyrocopter cannot fly and use its steam gun in the same turnl... if thats true that machine is a joke.

The person was wrong, it just can't march and shoot.

Example:
Moves 10 inches to position and fires steam gun. . .
If it marches no shooting. . .