PDA

View Full Version : 8th Ed Skaven tactics [CLOSED]

Penguni7
11-09-2010, 05:08
Ok I want to split the island of blood pack with a friend and since he is just starting I let him pick which army he wanted first not relizing the choices were high elves and skaven, to cut the story short he chose the high elves and I am now stuck with the skaven which I know nothing of so I would like some pointers note I have not bought the set yet.

Mr_Foulscumm
11-09-2010, 05:28
What's wrong with the other 8th Ed Skaven tactics thread we have?

Surgency
11-09-2010, 06:48
What's wrong with the other 8th Ed Skaven tactics thread we have?

Like this one here? (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260493)

next time try using forum search.

russellmoo
11-09-2010, 07:25
I will try and save you some time-

Check out the skaven strategy thread- but go at least 10 pages in then start reading as up to that point there is way too much speculation still floating about-

Here a short starter-

Put together a 40-60 model size unit of slaves, or 2.

From that point on it's about personal preference as the Skaven are a very versatile army and lend themselves to several play styles-

Magic heavy- grey seer on a bell, clan rats, Plague monks, plague preist, Warlock engineer(s)-

Shooting- slaves with slings, smaller clan rat or small stormvermin blocks to provide warmachines, plague claw catapult, Globadiers, Lightning cannon, Jezzails, clan eshin troop choices-

Close combat- Rat ogres, Plague monks, Censor bearers, stormvermin, doomwheels/HPA, grey seer, or Lvl 2 plague priest for boosts/hexes, Plague furnace.

Or combine a mix of all three.

Have fun.

Penguni7
08-12-2010, 23:44
Thank you RussellMoo that was helpful I really like some of the clan eshin troops I was thinking of getting some gutter runners .

Secondly if I have to go through 10 pages of useless info to get basic tactics than obviously we need a new one also just saying

"what's wrong with the other 8th Ed skaven tactica?"

Doesn't help at all.

And sergency I did check and read 8 pages of complete uselessness so try to not be a noob next time you post.

loveless
09-12-2010, 15:46
And sergency I did check and read 8 pages of complete uselessness so try to not be a noob next time you post.

Hello, Pot? Yeah, Kettle here. About that color of yours...

Go into the main tactics thread and do a search within the thread itself for the unit you're curious about. Typically this will give several posts that mention it and you can narrow it down from there. Unless you have a ton of time on your hands, reading through an entire tactica article is often inconvenient.

A good tactica thread should have a summarized first post, but WarSeer isn't the quickest at adopting them, be it due to OPs without the desire or time or OPs simply up and leaving (or being banned). Ideally, someone should write up a summary post and have a link to it from the first post of a tactica if the first post isn't the summary itself.

Surgency
09-12-2010, 16:09
Secondly if I have to go through 10 pages of useless info to get basic tactics than obviously we need a new one also just saying

Theres a lot more than 10 pages in there. Unfortunately for you the information isn't useless, its just not what you're looking for. Now how about you run along like a good little boy, and post the question at the end of the tactica, as a new post in that thread, and wait for an answer, hmm? This thread is over a month old, did you really have to bring it back to play tough?

"what's wrong with the other 8th Ed skaven tactica?"

Doesn't help at all.

It should be an indicator of where to look for information... But you obviously haven't figured that out yet

Oh, telling you to look in the ESTABLISHED thread, rather than put up with someone spamming the forums with useless multiples of the same thread, is noobish, hmm? Again, you waste your own time, and everyone else's by posting useless threads that already have the information you're looking for in them. And flaming is also against the forum rules, I've already reported this thread for locking.

A good tactica thread should have a summarized first post, but WarSeer isn't the quickest at adopting them, be it due to OPs without the desire or time or OPs simply up and leaving (or being banned). Ideally, someone should write up a summary post and have a link to it from the first post of a tactica if the first post isn't the summary itself.

Agreed, I've considered doing it myself for the tacticas I read, but it's quite the daunting task. Of course, I was going to make a single thread with guides to all the tacticas, but WOW... the work

philbrad2
09-12-2010, 17:47
8th ed Skaven tactics are discussed at length HERE (http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Detail.aspx?deriv=29034) this thread is redundant and tactic discussions should be referred by the already comprehensive thread.

PhilB
:chrome:
+ =I= + WarSeer Moderation Team + =I= +
WarSeer Posting Guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines)
The WarSeer FAQ (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php)
The WarSeer Moderation/Posting/Forum guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=the_forums#faq_rules)