PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Dark Elf Escalation

Nungunz
12-09-2010, 06:19
Hey all. Still very new to 8th Edition and especially DE. 1000 point list is fairly set for the local escalation league. Now looking for input on the 1500 point list:

How about this as a change, then?

1500 Point List

Lords
Supreme Sorceress - General, Level 4, Pendant of Khaeleth, Darkstar Cloak, Dark Pegasus - 370
Heroes
Master - Battle Standard, Crimson Death, Armour of Darkness - 155
Core
x10 Repeater Crossbowmen - Guardmaster - 105x10 Repeater Crossbowmen - Guardmaster - 105x24 Spearmen - Shields, Full Command - 893x20 Corsairs - Full Command - 225
Special
x5 Cold One Knights - Full Command, Ironcurse Icon - 185
Rare
War Hydra
Total: 1498

Sorceress will take Lore of Shadows

ftayl5
12-09-2010, 07:26
Ya' know what? That is a pretty darn good list.
Only modifications I can think of would be losing the Guardmasters on the Xbowmen, not really necessary, shields for one of the units could be bought instead.

Nocculum
12-09-2010, 09:22
Looks good, but I'd consider dropping the Supreme Sorceress to a Sorceress with Tome of Furion (or Sacrificial Dagger). That'd give you enough points for either a second sorceress, or to upgrade the Master to a BSB or a Dreadlord for that matter.

Otherwise, fairly solid, good luck :)

Nungunz
12-09-2010, 15:50
Ya' know what? That is a pretty darn good list.
Only modifications I can think of would be losing the Guardmasters on the Xbowmen, not really necessary, shields for one of the units could be bought instead.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the Guardmasters either, but I had no clue what to add. I'll play around with the shields 5+ with a 6+ ward seems fairly nice to me on the Xbowman.

Looks good, but I'd consider dropping the Supreme Sorceress to a Sorceress with Tome of Furion (or Sacrificial Dagger). That'd give you enough points for either a second sorceress, or to upgrade the Master to a BSB or a Dreadlord for that matter.

Otherwise, fairly solid, good luck :)

Master is a BSB so I don't want to bump him up to a dreadlord. Wouldn't have room for another 2 sorceresses in the heroes slot so I went for the Supreme Sorceress instead.

Next point jump will definitely be buying myself a Lvl 2 with that exact load-out.

Gaargod
12-09-2010, 16:38
I know its boring, but you'd do better losing the knights and taking more bows and bodies.

Lose the corsairs for spearmen, and upgrade the size of both blocks.

I've just found cold one knights don't actually have the killing power necessary. This irritates me, but (buffed or against debuffed enemy) spearmen, after foes have been shot up a lot by xbows, are usually sufficient. If its not, that's what the hydra is for.

Nungunz
13-09-2010, 05:14
Kind of thinking of evolving the list to something like:

1500 Point List

Lords
Supreme Sorceress - General, Level 4, Pendant of Khaeleth, Focus Familiar, Dark Pegasus - 370
Heroes
Master - Armor of Eternal Servitude, Sword of Might, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, BSB - 161
Core
x14 Repeater Crossbowmen - 140x14 Repeater Crossbowmen - 140x24 Spearmen - Shields, Full Command, Banner of Murder - 208x24 Spearmen - Shields, Full Command - 183x5 Dark Riders - Repeater Crossbows, Musician, Shields - 122
Rare
War Hydra
Total: 1499

Sorceress will take Lore of Shadows as usual.