PDA

View Full Version : Charmed shield and Cloying Quagmire

Mooseman007
13-09-2010, 00:45
So I killed a character in a unit using Cloying Quagmire spell who had the Charmed shield. As it was the first turn he decided to use his Charmed shield to repel the "hit". Does the charmed shield do that?

lcfr
13-09-2010, 00:49
So I killed a character in a unit using Cloying Quagmire spell who had the Charmed shield. As it was the first turn he decided to use his Charmed shield to repel the "hit". Does the charmed shield do that?

Afaik, Cloying Quagmire is not a 'hit' - just as I'd say Spirit Leech and Fate of Bjuna are not 'hits', just spell effects.

I'm sure someone could challenge me on how solid this argument really is, but it doesn't seem as though something with a unit-wide effect would be treated as a hit, in the same way I wouldn't treat a spell-induce characteristic test (ex. Dwellers) as a 'hit'...a Skaven grenade or a WoC Death's Head, on the other hand, is a 'hit'.

EDIT: Now tell me if The Other Trickster's Shard effects the bearer!!!

theunwantedbeing
13-09-2010, 01:18
It doesnt seem like the spell causes hits so the sheild doesn't offer you any protection other than making it harder to not die to that spell.

lcfr, the bearer is never in base contact with themselves.

havoc626
13-09-2010, 01:28
I'd also say no to you being able to use it, as the spell doesn't mention 'hits', just what you do if the spell is successful.

Also, as the character had already failed his I test and passed his AS, then it would be too late to use the Charmed Shield's affect, as it states the first hit, which means before you roll to wound.

But back to the main point, no, Charmed Shield can't be used against anything that does not roll to hit (or says that it is an automatic hit).

Dragoon999
13-09-2010, 03:47

I thought the charmed shield worked on the 1st hit and you didnt have a choice of when you could use it and yes I realize you cant use it at all in this situation.;)

Hashulaman
15-09-2010, 02:22
If it says it causes XXXX hits then yes he can use it. If it says it causes XXXX wounds he can't and if it flat out removes him such as Quagmire, Curse of the Leper(should it be in play that long) or if you get Gateway off and the Strenght of the spell was an 11 or 12 the charmed shield can't be used. No hits were inflicted with these spells, the unit was just removed.