PDA

View Full Version : what armies count as Chaos?

rocdocta
13-09-2010, 01:42
if an item affects "Chaos armies" what armies are effected? obviously WoC and DoC. are beastmen still Chaos as they were called beasts of Chaos.

ooglatjama
13-09-2010, 01:48
What item are you talking about? The Brahmir statue?

SiNNiX
13-09-2010, 01:58
I'm pretty sure WOC, DOC and Beastmen are all Chaos. Beastmen are described as the "true children of Chaos." Wouldn't Skaven be Chaos technically? I suck at Skaven lore. Like... total fail.

Edit: I'm pretty sure you could never pass Skaven off as a Chaos army in game terms; that's not what I'm talking about. But weren't they created by Chaos or they worship Chaos or something like that? I literally know nothing about Skaven lore and it's the only rulebook I don't own (and have never owned for that matter).

lcfr
13-09-2010, 02:10
Edit: I'm pretty sure you could never pass Skaven off as a Chaos army in game terms; that's not what I'm talking about. But weren't they created by Chaos or they worship Chaos or something like that? I literally know nothing about Skaven lore and it's the only rulebook I don't own (and have never owned for that matter).

Afaik they were created by Warpstone - 'the raw stuff of Chaos'. That, and a strange Pied Piper guy...

They don't worship the Ruinous Powers per se, but rather what is essentially a spin off, the Horned Rat. Although, if we continue to believe that the fantasy world is set in the 40k universe, everybody is worshipping/producing some kind of chaos power.

SiNNiX
13-09-2010, 02:29
Afaik they were created by Warpstone - 'the raw stuff of Chaos'. That, and a strange Pied Piper guy...

They don't worship the Ruinous Powers per se, but rather what is essentially a spin off, the Horned Rat. Although, if we continue to believe that the fantasy world is set in the 40k universe, everybody is worshipping/producing some kind of chaos power.

If I was a betting man, I'd say atleast 1 out of 4 people who see your posts don't actually read them because they're so amazed by the fact that your avatar is a picture of Megabyte from "ReBoot." I know it's the case for me.

But in all seriousness, thanks for the insight! :)

rocdocta
13-09-2010, 03:37
What item are you talking about? The Brahmir statue?

yes, it says that chaos are at -3 ld. beastmen were called beasts of chaos and affected by it. now they are called beastmen. i have been playing it as beastmen = chaos. just after popular view.

lcfr
13-09-2010, 03:49
If I was a betting man, I'd say atleast 1 out of 4 people who see your posts don't actually read them because they're so amazed by the fact that your avatar is a picture of Megabyte from "ReBoot." I know it's the case for me.

But in all seriousness, thanks for the insight! :)

Thanks for what insight? You didn't even read my post! :p

SiNNiX
13-09-2010, 04:32
Thanks for what insight? You didn't even read my post! :p

Well yeah, but I figured I'd atleast be polite. :rolleyes:

Symrivven
14-09-2010, 09:23
I would still consider beastmen chaos for the following reasons:
-Their heritage of once belonging to Warhammer Armies: Realm of Chaos (5th Edition). With no fluff contradicting that they are still very much chaos.
-And rules wise, maybe more importantly, they still have Gifts of Chaos. (And chaos warhounds and chaos spawn.)

Personally I always considered skaven a special (successful) type of beastmen and indirect servants of chaos. Though rules wise I don't think you can actually call them chaos.

Another army (do no longer updated) that I consider chaos would be the cult of slaanesh.

Mr_Rose
15-09-2010, 00:07
Guys, why is the relationship between Chaos and Skaven relevant here? The Brahmir Statue specifies that it affects Skaven directly anyway.

But yeah, Beastmen are a Chaos army as far as I'm concerned.

SiNNiX
15-09-2010, 05:13
So have we agreed (until FAQ'd) that "Chaos Armies" are Daemons of Chaos, Warriors of Chaos and Beastmen? :yes:? :no:?

Symrivven
15-09-2010, 07:13
Yes, though I don't expect a faq for this.

phoenixguard09
15-09-2010, 07:19
What about Chaos Dwarves? And what army is this statue from?

Korraz
15-09-2010, 07:31
Ogres.

As for Chaos Dwarfs...to calculate the chance of a meeting between an Ogre-Player with the Statue und a Chaos Dwarfs-Player, you need to invent a new kind of math.

If you should ever come across this mathematical improbability...Just do a diceroll.
CDs aren't really a Chaos-Army, but they have Chaos in the name, so yeah...from a Fluffpoint I would say "no", but a roll is the best solution if you don't agree on it, as there is no cear ruling.

phoenixguard09
15-09-2010, 08:01
As for Chaos Dwarfs...to calculate the chance of a meeting between an Ogre-Player with the Statue und a Chaos Dwarfs-Player, you need to invent a new kind of math.

Funny about that mate cause I have (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Math) :D

Symrivven
15-09-2010, 08:41
Is it bad I don't really consider chaos dwarves and army? The last list they got was ravening hordes right.

I don't think the old chaos dwarves are really chaos even though they have chaos in their name, but the direction chaos dwarves now appear to be going (e.g. hellcanon) is very much chaos.

phoenixguard09
15-09-2010, 09:27
Is it bad I don't really consider chaos dwarves an army? Yes it is. Never talk to me again. :D

The last list they got was ravening hordes right.
Yeah it was.

Mr_Rose
15-09-2010, 11:04
Yes, though I don't expect a faq for this.
At this point, I think we're more likely to get a new OK book (with entirely new statue) before we get a FAQ clarifying exactly what the statue does.

Da Crusha
16-09-2010, 01:42
Is it bad I don't really consider chaos dwarves and army?

you'll be sorry when you're at your next Tournament and my army of chaos dwarfs are standing across from you. For HASHUT!

ooglatjama
16-09-2010, 02:05
The armies affected are DoC, Woc, Boc, and Skaven

AlphariusOmegon20
16-09-2010, 03:34
funny about that mate cause i have (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/math) :d

that was hilarious!!!!

phoenixguard09
16-09-2010, 07:14
Lol I try. :D

major soma
18-09-2010, 11:55
Lol by my gameing groups reckoning the Wood Eves should be in there as well seeing as how the Lore of Light spells works wonders against Forest spirits.