PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Pts -High Elves- The Glittering Host of Caledor

Gorak
13-09-2010, 03:27
Ok so I've busy painting my skaven so I thought I would plan my next army as well :cool: now my wife really like the HE models so I'm going with them! I really love the new dragon princes modles and the fluff behind caledor(not to mention I've always wanted to paint a dragon or two) so with that in mind I've created a list to reflect a caledorian army.Now I don't plan on taking this list to a tourney but I would like to know everyones thoughts on how it will do! I still like to be competive so I do not want it to be a push over but with two dragons and some fast hard hitting knights I hope to do well. OK enough talk the list.......

2000 Pts -High Elves- The Glittering Host of Caledor

Lords

Lord Bellator Sudenkorento
Prince @ 461 pts (Great Weapon; Dragon Armour)
Sun Dragon
Charmed Shield
Vambraces of Defense

Incendia Viscus
Dragon Mage of Caledor @ 430 pts (Level 2 Upgrade)
Sun Dragon
Talisman of Preservation

Core

19 Lothern Sea Guard @ 262 pts (Musician;Standard

Bearer;Shield)

19 Lothern Sea Guard @ 262 pts (Musician;Standard

Bearer;Shield)

Special

7 Dragon Princes of Caledor @ 265 pts (Fullcommand)
Ironcurse Icon

7 Dragon Princes of Caledor @ 265 pts (Fullcommand)
Banner of Eternal Flame

Rare

Great Eagle @ 50 pts

Tactics/plans the sea guard will be centred and will move up and shoot units then engage them. each dragon will fo on a flank making my oppents choose which to shoot at, the dragon princes will go on oppsite flanks as well and hit after the dragons(if they don't break units) or do supporting charges with the seaguard. The great eagle is there for some cheap warmachine hunting.

kaynae
13-09-2010, 04:50
Might be better to ditch the dragons to really flesh out your infantry. Save em for higher point games :D.

Gorak
13-09-2010, 05:28
OK here's an updated list droped the dragon mage for a standard lvl2 what lore would be best? I'm thinking either life or shadow. Upgraded the lords mount to a moon dragon flushed out the Dragonprinces to 10 each, one with the banner of swiftness to keep up with lord for a nice combo charge, the other dragon princes have banenr of flame for regenarting creatures. added a second eagle for warmachine hunting. Thoughts? I'm I insane if so, what would you do? Also I'm going to use the Ultraforge dragon for the lord cause it's fricken sweet!

Lords

Prince @ 496 pts (Great Weapon; Dragon Armour)
Moon Dragon
Guardian Phoenix

Heros

Ankara of Lothern
Mage @ 145 pts (Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon)
Silver Wand

CORE

20 Lothern Sea Guard @ 265 pts (Fullcommand)

20 Lothern Sea Guard @ 265 pts (Fullcommand)

Special

10 Dragon Princes of Caledor @ 370 pts (Fullcommand)
Ironcurse Icon
Banner of Swiftness

10 Dragon Princes of Caledor @ 360 pts (Fullcommand)
Banner of Eternal Flame

Rare

Great Eagle @ 50 pts

Great Eagle @ 50 pts

Dark Aly
13-09-2010, 08:50
I really like themed armies. i would suggest though that you'd be better off going back to the sun dragon and getting more sea guard, 20 isn't really enough (maybe loose 1 great eagle for this too)

Rabsp
13-09-2010, 17:08
nice, really nice! :)
Annulian crystal is better than Silver Wand.
It will be great to make one big unit of 40 LSG :D

Gorak
13-09-2010, 20:18
OK two more varientas which is best?

The Glittering Host of Caledor

Lord Bellator
Prince @ 498 pts (Lance; Dragon Armour; Shield)
Moon Dragon
Temakador's Gauntlets

Heros

Mage @ 140 pts (Lore of beast)
Annulian Crystal

Mage @ 140 pts (Lore of beast)

Core

Dragon Watch
25 Spearmen @ 250 pts (Fullcommand)

Dragon Watch

Special

10 Dragon Princes of Caledor @ 355 pts (fullcommand)
Ironcurse Icon

Banner of Eternal Flame

Rare

Great Eagle @ 50 pts

OR
Lords

Prince @ 498 pts (Lance; Dragon Armour; Shield)
Moon Dragon
Temakador's Gauntlets

Heros

Mage @ 145 pts (Level 2 Upgrade;lore of shadows)
Silver Wand

Core

Dragon Watch

Dragon Watch

Special

10 Dragon Princes of Caledor @ 400 pts (fullcommand)
Banner of Sorcery

Banner of Eternal Flame

Rare

Great Eagle @ 50 pts

Great Eagle @ 50 pts

Thanks every one for the advice and well wishes I'm very excited about my new army all dragony and such mauhahahahahahahgha *ahem* oh yea for the goood!

hlaine larkin
14-09-2010, 00:54
I must say, and i know it will meet some stiff competition (the opinion that is) but i think if you are going to have a level 2, i think it should be a dragon mage- if you want the army to be themed , you have to accept it may not be god on a battlefield :P also, that extra dice is very useful when fighting armies who will likely have a lvl 4 as standard.

My fave list was the very first one- just because, yeah the seaguard may be small units- but sea guard + dragons/dragon princes supporting- and the lord who can take a unit all his own- i think you will be good.

thesheriff
14-09-2010, 08:53
I think a dragon mage and a prince would be a better selection of charecters. Prince on steed would go with the pinces, a dragon mage would fit the theme and give some magic defense with silver wand, guardian phoiniex.

I like the big units of dragon princes, but maybe dropping one down to five would be a better points save for the charecters. And maybe bulking the spears to 30 (6x5) would give a more imposing block.

thesheriff

Brady
14-09-2010, 19:43
I agree with Hlaine Larkin, your charcters really should be a prince on dragon and a dragon mage in a caledor army, my caledor army has this loadout:

Prince
sun dragon
dragon armour
shield
starlance
vambraces of defense
5pt magic item

Dragon mage
silver wand
guardian phoenix
talisman of light (to deal with those damn ethereals)(and annoy treekin; which by the way are not stubborn)

It may not be the best choice of characters but it fits in the theme very well, a killer lord on the charge (he should get the charge of becuase he flies) with decent defense (3+ 3+ 4+) and a mage with potential to be devastating, roll for 3 spells and change one of them for fireball :) He also has a ward so shouldn't get shot down as easily.

just my two gold

thesheriff
14-09-2010, 20:38
and annoy treekin; which by the way are not stubborn

Actually, if one of your dragons charged one of my treekin units though, they would have more ranks than you, so would be steadfast and therefore, stubborn.

Other than that, your a ******

puckus10
14-09-2010, 23:30
I know your trying to do a themed army but i would drop the dragon mage and get a level two with shadow. Shadow kicks but for high elves! use the rest of your points to buff up your seaguard. also get at least 1 eagle for warmachine hunting.

Gaargod
15-09-2010, 01:00
Accept you're not going to rule the magic phase. A dragon mage with banner of sorcery 'might' do well, but lore of fire is very meh.

So, there's a few things you can do. Sea Guard should really be 25/30 strong for a start.

I think a lv2 with dispel scrol and lore of shadow/beasts is probably a good idea. Giving him Talisman of Light wouldn't hurt either, nothing like magic arrows to ruin someone's day.

Standard of sorcery however, i think would be a waste. Banner of Ellyrion/Razor Standard would be a much better way to go (nothing like ASF rerolling hits 2A S5 -3 to armour knights :D).

ANNND i've just realised you're taking spearmen over sea guard. Can i recommend the sea guard? I know they're not fluffy, but yeah... arrows.