PDA

View Full Version : 1500 pts WoC Vs Khorne DoC

Demrog
13-09-2010, 14:50
Tomorrow is the latest in my weekly battles Vs my friends Mono Khorne DoC army he is in the process of building.

If I could get some feedback on this list I'd be very grateful, especially on the General as I'm not sure how good he will be.

Here we go:

Heroes:
Exalted. MoK. Juggernaut. General. 175pts
Exalted. MoT. BSB. Bronze Armour. Favour of the Gods. Talisman of Endurance. Shield. 200pts

Core:
35 Marauders. MoT. Shields. Light Armour. Full command. 250pts (BSB Here, deployed 6x6)
14 Warriors. MoK. Halberds. Standard and Musician. 272pts (General Here, deployed 6x3)
5 Warhounds
5 Warhounds

Special:
7 Knights. MoT. Musician. Standard. Banner of Rage. 365pts

Rare:
Warshrine. MoT. 150pts (Supports/Buffs Tzeentch Marauder Block)

Total 1472pts

So, I'm looking for feedback, and advice on what to spend my remaining 28 points on

Thanks in advance!

PeG
13-09-2010, 16:00
As someone who has been on the other side of this matchup lately I think I can add a few points.

14 Warriors. MoK. Halberds. Standard and Musician. 272pts (General Here, deployed 6x3)

These guys are scary and will kill a lot of core daemons although my opponent prefers additional handweapon since S4 will anyway wound most things on 3+.

7 Knights. MoT. Musician. Standard. Banner of Rage. 365pts

hard hitters with the ability to grind most core infantry. However dont try to grind bloodletters unless you dont have a choice. Can have problems with large units of hounds or crushers.

5 Warhounds
5 Warhounds

dont really do much against daemons, they dont have much shooting to worry about (possibly flamers) and the units are too weak to do anything else.

35 Marauders. MoT. Shields. Light Armour. Full command. 250pts (BSB Here, deployed 6x6)

bunker unit but I dont see any characters that needs a bunker... If you want them to kill things give them flails or GW. Will be the prime target of any shooting /magic your opponent has especially with BSB in the unit. I would drop them for more warriors or take a caster that actually might want a bunker (although chaos casters are actually rather good in combat)

Warshrine. MoT. 150pts (Supports/Buffs Tzeentch Marauder Block)

solid support unit.

Finally I would take a caster with lore of shadow or death ie no mark. Use him to take out enemy heralds/crushers etc. If you want a fighting general you need to either give him good protection or make him kill anything in close combat. If you use special characters stay away from skulltaker and kill him with RnF or magic.