PDA

View Full Version : Beastmen Gors - Shields or Additional Hand Weapons

drummer666
14-09-2010, 11:13
Hey guys,

One thing I have been trying to play with is whether to arm my gors with shields or additional hand weapons. In 7th I always took the AHWs because doubling the attacks always seemed the better option. With gors already receiving a bonus supporting attack and with the shields parry save what do you guys arm your gors with?

Also, what do you use each type of gor for. AHWs for ambush, Shields for holding, and so on.

Midloo
14-09-2010, 13:37
I've been running two largish units of 25 - 35 gors in my 2000 pt lists. I've liked taking shields on the Gors that deploy and AHW on the second unit in ambush. It's a small thing, but I feel like I get a little more punch from the AHW unit when it ambushes and gets into a flank or rear. Of course, without any armor, they are going to get punished. It's best to use them as a supporting attack whenever possible.

decker_cky
14-09-2010, 17:38
I tried shields....really wasn't impressed. Additional handweapons means you can win some combats. Shields means you're hoping to preserve models/steadfast, and it just isn't that good at it. At 8 pts per model, you should be going for an aggressive build.

AHW are also LOADS better when flanked.

scarvet
14-09-2010, 18:34
Shield for line unit, AHW for ambushers. Parry with T4 and 30+ strong is nightmare for elite units below S6.