PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Warriors of Chaos, Opinions Please?

Avariel
16-09-2010, 04:42
2250 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

Sorcerer Lord (2#, 420 pts)
1 Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch @ 420 pts (General; Mark of Tzeentch; Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor)
1 Disc of Tzeentch (Flaming Attacks; Causes Fear; Flyer)
1 Charmed Shield
1 Infernal Puppet
1 Talisman of Preservation
1 Third Eye of Tzeentch

Exalted Hero (1#, 190 pts)
1 Exalted Hero of Tzeentch (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 190 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Shield; Battle Standard Bearer)
1 Biting Blade
1 Armour of Morrslieb

Chaos Warriors (18#, 338 pts)
17 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh @ 338 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield)
1 Champion of Slaanesh (Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield)
1 Banner of Eternal Flame

Chaos Marauders (50#, 300 pts)
49 Chaos Marauders of Khorne @ 300 pts (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Frenzy)
1 Chieftan of Khorne (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Frenzy)

Chaos Hounds (8#, 48 pts)
8 Chaos Warhounds @ 48 pts

Chosen (18#, 402 pts)
17 Chosen of Slaanesh @ 402 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor)
1 Champion of Slaanesh (Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor)

Chaos Warshrine (1#, 140 pts)
1 Chaos Warshrine of Slaanesh @ 140 pts (Mark of Slaanesh)

Squad (4#, 205 pts)
1 Hellcannon @ 205 pts (Causes Terror; Large Target; Unbreakable)
3 Crew (Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour)

Squad (4#, 205 pts)

Validation Report:
Army Subtype: Chaos Army; Edition: 8th Edition; Game Type: Normal Game
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Total Roster Cost: 2248

Created with Army BuilderŪ - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com

Unit Choices:
Level 4 Sorcerer Lord seems to be the caster of choice. Disc to keep him out of combat or should the caster be run in a unit? Looking at Shadow for a lore. Good buffs and debuffs and Pit of Shades can be game winning against certain armies. Tzeentch seems not worth it because there is no guarantee that you get gateway. Third Eye of Tzeentch to use opponents spells if you have none you want to cast since the trend seems that everyone takes a level 4. Infernal Puppet because its so good. Talisman of Preservation for the good ward save suplemented by Mark of Tzeentch.

Exalted Tzeentch hero as the Battle Standard Bearer because Tzeentch gives a better ward save along with the armor. Is vulnerable to magic attacks but thats what the champion is for. Biting blade as a cheap magical weapon to be able to hit wraiths with. BSB is necessary when running units with Frenzy and don't exactly trust leadership 8.

Warriors carry the flaming banner to kill things with regen. 3 ranks of 6.

50 Marauders with great weapons in horde formation 5x10 sure kill a good amount they also die pretty easily but that is why there are 50 of them.

6x3 Chosen get their free buff and then another from the warshrine. Should I be running Shields instead of halberds to make them more survivable?

2 Hell cannons for shooting enemy large infantry blocks and they can fight in a pinch.

Seems a little small. Maybe go with Marauders over warriors but warriors can get the flaming banner.

Stuffburger
17-09-2010, 20:55
Looks good to me. As an O&G player I've found the marauders and hellcannons particularly difficult to combat effectively- with that in mind I'd replace the chosen with another clump of khorne marauders, and maybe use the extra points for some extra warhounds or marauder horsemen or something.

chaoschild
17-09-2010, 22:32
i think you would prefer this set up for your bsb give him or her the book of secrets if you read the new faq on this item you are now a wizard then if you look in the chaos magic sorceror description on page 106 it says that a chaos wizard is a sorcerer. so your bsb should have the third eye of tzeentch since he is now a sorceror giving you more flexibility in your magic phase without losing out on gateway

Azshara
18-09-2010, 20:54
-if you have a disk of tzeentch, you must have the mark of tzeentch and if you have the mark of tzeentch you must use the lore of tzeentch.
-For you to have gateway, you just need a double on your spell roling because them you can choose the spell you want, and on 4d6 chances are high you will get a double. (yet gateway isn't that great compared to the P spell with all those steadfast rules and new miscast table)
-You know you wont have any look out sir roll with your caster on a disk no? Because well a 5 or 4 up ward save (maybe am I mistaking) ins't realy enough to protect about 20% of your army.
-2 hellcanon ? And you still have friend to play with?

Davidian
19-09-2010, 01:52
Sorcerer Lord (2#, 420 pts)
1 Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch @ 420 pts (General; Mark of Tzeentch; Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor)
1 Disc of Tzeentch (Flaming Attacks; Causes Fear; Flyer)
1 Charmed Shield
1 Infernal Puppet
1 Talisman of Preservation
1 Third Eye of Tzeentch
Solid choice, Third eye is nice but I never take it as I usually always want to use the spells in Lore of Tzeentch, but if you have the spare points, fair enough

Exalted Hero (1#, 190 pts)
1 Exalted Hero of Tzeentch (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 190 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Shield; Battle Standard Bearer)
1 Biting Blade
1 Armour of Morrslieb
I think Armour of Morslieb is overpriced for a wardsave against mundane attacks, one inevitable challenge with a character and it's wasted. I run my BsB with shield, dragonhelm, MoT, for a 2+/5++.... then give him book of secrets and a spell familiar and BAM an effective Lv2 caster using lore of shadow which your lord can't use ;D

Chaos Warriors (18#, 338 pts)
17 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh @ 338 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield)
1 Champion of Slaanesh (Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield)
1 Banner of Eternal Flame

with a BsB around, Slaanesh is cheap but redundant on warriors. the champ is a waste of points for 20pts, swap out champ and MoS, for MoK then you have Franzied [and imune to psychology] warriors :D at no extra cost

Chaos Marauders (50#, 300 pts)
49 Chaos Marauders of Khorne @ 300 pts (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Frenzy)
1 Chieftan of Khorne (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Frenzy)

again, lose the chieftain. You'll find that running these 10 wide, it's like swimming through jam, very cumbersome and easily out manoeuvred and you'll need those numbers 'cause they'll die hell-a-quick. I use 30 [6wide*5deep] with GW's but have an exalted in the unit with obsidian amulet and ironcurse icon this gives them a -/6++ aginst warmachines and a -/5++ with magic, again I mark them tzeentch so that's -/5++ or -/4++, if you run the 10wide the you still have 30 attacks comming out of the unit per turn without MoK.

Chaos Hounds (8#, 48 pts)
8 Chaos Warhounds @ 48 pts
love hounds, great expendables and great for drawing charges to where you want them

Chosen (18#, 402 pts)
17 Chosen of Slaanesh @ 402 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor)
1 Champion of Slaanesh (Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor)

again, ditch the champion or give him Favour of the Gods, I've gone a whole game not getting the roll I wanted so the modifier is a god send for 5pts. And again I dont rate MoS for chosen, I would cut MoS of this unit and the warshrine for MoT or drop the burning banner aswell [it's a bit too circumstantial] and get MoN for more survivability.

Chaos Warshrine (1#, 140 pts)
1 Chaos Warshrine of Slaanesh @ 140 pts (Mark of Slaanesh)

I never leave home without one, although I think any mark is wasted on this just as it is a single model unit, the cost-effect ratio is alittle on the sad side.

Squad (4#, 205 pts)

Squad (4#, 205 pts)

Solid, they should always be used paired. 2 together are worth more that 2 apart and fast cavalry will think twice, no! thrice before charging your warmachines. I wouldn't personally run them in a game of this size, favouring a bulky unit of Knigths with MoN and banner of rage with points to spare. But that's just me

Unit Choices:
Level 4 Sorcerer Lord seems to be the caster of choice. Disc to keep him out of combat or should the caster be run in a unit? Looking at Shadow for a lore. Good buffs and debuffs and Pit of Shades can be game winning against certain armies. Tzeentch seems not worth it because there is no guarantee that you get gateway. Third Eye of Tzeentch to use opponents spells if you have none you want to cast since the trend seems that everyone takes a level 4. Infernal Puppet because its so good. Talisman of Preservation for the good ward save suplemented by Mark of Tzeentch.

again, he cant use lore of shadow, but I bet that Lv2 BsB trick is looking better now, eh?

Warriors carry the flaming banner to kill things with regen. 3 ranks of 6.

Do remember that most of the lore of tzeentch spells count as flaming ;D

50 Marauders with great weapons in horde formation 5x10 sure kill a good amount they also die pretty easily but that is why there are 50 of them.

6x3 Chosen get their free buff and then another from the warshrine. Should I be running Shields instead of halberds to make them more survivable?

I'd be tempted to give them shields and MoT for the 3+/5++ make them an anvil unit, but the Killy chosen are happy chosen :D

Hope this has helped

Davidian
19-09-2010, 01:56
-You know you wont have any look out sir roll with your caster on a disk no? Because well a 5 or 4 up ward save (maybe am I mistaking) ins't realy enough to protect about 20% of your army.

You kidding? he has a 3+/3++ (mounted with chaos armour, talisman of preservation and MoT)

I think is a solid choice, and a flying mount to keep him out of too much trouble

Azshara
19-09-2010, 07:57
-yeah sry is was mistaken on the ward save value. I though it was the 5+ or 6+ ward save talisman not the 4+one.