PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos 2400pts for a tournament

P.M
16-09-2010, 10:35
There's this tournament coming up at end of next month where I'm going to participating with my Warriors of Chaos. Here's my list for it so far.

(G) Sorcerer Lord (235) (lore of tzeentch)
Level 4
Armor of 4+ ward
Mark of Tzeentch
Spell familiar
Sword of Might
=375pts

Sorcerer (85) (lore of Fire)
Level 2
Infernal puppet
Charmed shield
=160pts

Exalted Hero (110)
Battle standard bearer
Talisman of 4+ ward
Halberd
Mark of Tzeentch
=194pts

18x Warriors
Shields
Full command
Mark of tzeentch
=338pts

18x Warriors
Shields
Full command
Mark of tzeentch
Banner of eternal flame
=353pts

50x Marauders
Great weapons
Mark of Khorne
Full command
=300pts

7x Knights
Mark of Khorne
Musician
Standard bearer
=340pts

7x Knights
Mark of Khorne
Musician
Standard bearer
=340pts

TOTAL: 2400pts

I've been testing out variants of this list with few minor tweaks.
I had demonprince as general once, he died but was otherwise very nice, flying gate is allways nice and also he isn't a bad fighter five attacks on str5, ws8, I7 isn't shabby, add thunderstomp and he was able to take down cav. etc. Stubborn 8 was also useful since it meant he wasn't running away imediately.

I also tested out my warriors as 30 strong horde, with mokhorne and halberds, they were just brutal. Anything they came in contact with, was smashed into bloody pulp. Though bit expensive and having low armor save (only chaos armor), meant they were target of every war machine and spell.

Though many have said, knights are "bad" in 8th, I've found them very effective. Though they don't murder their way through a unit in a turn, they are usually still able to grind enemy down to last man/woman/elf.

-P.M

Thruster
17-09-2010, 05:54
I really like your list. Although, I'm not sure how it will fare against monsters and some HE list. How was your experience in facing Hydras, HPA, and other nasty monsters? I was thinking of putting banner of flame on the knights, but I understand your logic of using it with Warriors. I think Warriors just don't have enough Strength to reliably kill monsters and/or Movement to catch them.

Also, something to consider is to add a few Hell Cannon just to kill units like Sword Masters, Executioners, and other Horde units.

Over all, though, I really like this list and planned to create something similar very soon. Although, I'm still 50-50 about Marauders, since anything without chaos armor tends to fall like flies.

P.M
17-09-2010, 07:33
I've actually faired quite well against monsters. Usuallly my sorcerer lord has wiped them out or my knights have rumbled in and fought a turn or two and killed the monster.

Flaming banner would be nice on knights but since i want to keep my ensorcelled weapons on them, that won't be possible as flaming attacks don't work on magical weapons (RBRB p. "flaming attacks" can't remember the page and I'm at work right now so i don't even have the book with me..)

I've actually tried hellcannons in several games and they never worked. Either they never hit or they didn't pass their rampage test (even when BSB was next to!). So that's why I've been testing my list without them as they always failed in my games..

Steimy188
17-09-2010, 12:29
I use two hellcannons, the nice thing is that the potential for them to do massive amounts of damage is there. Against shooty armies, it prevents you from feeling the NEED to rush into close combat. Against magic heavy armies, you want that miscast, especially when you have the puppet. And against cc armies, the will rush to get into cc....against your warriors. Who wants to rush into combat with chaos? not too much out there that wants to. Not to mention they will chew up anything that can come up behind your lines, or any kind of fastcav that may try and swing around the rear.

P.M
13-10-2010, 10:38
I updated the list and that's my final version for the tournament in few weeks, and also for another tournament that's held at the end of november.

The "body" of my list is pretty stable, only things i've been tweaking are the characters. Double warriors, double knights and the marauder horde have proven to be so stabil that in past ~10 games, I haven't lost a single one.. I tried Demonprince few times but he ended up dying usually since it's hard to keep him covered from enemy fire. That's why i now have sorcerer lord, he does the same job as DP but is 150pts cheaper and gets 5 spells out of 6 in lore of TZ.