PDA

View Full Version : Skaven FAQ questions

Helvegr
16-09-2010, 17:39
Hi -- A couple of skaven questions if I could.

1. In the FAQ, it says to ignore the "strength in numbers" on pages 54, and 55. Which is the Giant Rats, and Rat Ogres. However both of these units have special rules that mention strength in numbers. For instance, Giant Rats, have "Rat Pack", that says they can use the leadership of the packmaster in combination with the strength in numbers. So does this mean that they can only use the packmasters leadership with no modifier?

2. The FAQ says on page 78, to ignore the second sentence in the introductory paragraph in the magic section.

"If you roll a spell twice for the same wizard, roll again."

Is this basically saying that I have to make my rolls, and if I get a duplicate, that I have to substitute that spell? Not quite sure what to make of this.

Thanks!

Bac5665
16-09-2010, 21:09
2. That sentence is removed because the BRB makes the AB sentence redundant and more likely to confuse than anything else.

Yrrdead
16-09-2010, 22:00
1. My understanding is this. SIN as a special rule is removed. Rat Pack is still there. All the rules for Rat Pack still apply. Which if the packmaster/master moulder is alive then you use his leadership and his "SIN". Same with ROgres only they have Beast Pack special rule instead of Rat Pack. Ex(Master Moulder + 3 Ranks = LD9, No packmaster/MM = LD3)

2. This line is on almost all FAQ's. Basically if you roll doubles per the BRB you now select the spell instead of rerolling. See pg 490 BRB

Mr_Rose
17-09-2010, 11:13
Hi -- A couple of skaven questions if I could.

1. In the FAQ, it says to ignore the "strength in numbers" on pages 54, and 55. Which is the Giant Rats, and Rat Ogres. However both of these units have special rules that mention strength in numbers. For instance, Giant Rats, have "Rat Pack", that says they can use the leadership of the packmaster in combination with the strength in numbers. So does this mean that they can only use the packmasters leadership with no modifier?

2. The FAQ says on page 78, to ignore the second sentence in the introductory paragraph in the magic section.

"If you roll a spell twice for the same wizard, roll again."

Is this basically saying that I have to make my rolls, and if I get a duplicate, that I have to substitute that spell? Not quite sure what to make of this.

Thanks!
Yrrdead is right for Q1: The rats themselves don't have Strength in Numbers (they can't count, for a start) but their rank bonus can be used with the packmaster's Strength in numbers to boost his leadership. And then the pack as a whole uses his (boosted) Ld for tests as appropriate.

Basically, what the FAQ is really clarifying is that if the packmaster(s) die (sniper rule, poor rolling, whatever) the rats/ogres in the pack have to rely on their own Ld without the benefit of SiN. That is, they will run away if you shout loud enough.