PDA

View Full Version : starter vampire count army need advice

jimyg
16-09-2010, 20:33
Hi all

Ive bought a few vampire count models over the years and with the new version of warhammer coming out im inspired to actually try and make an army out of them.

this is what I have so far

vampire mounted on undead steed
vampire on foot
necromancer on foot
wight lord on foot
wight lord on foot with converted army standard

25 skeletons with spears
20 skeletons with hand weapons
20 zombies
10 ghouls
1 corpse cart

I do have the army book and I think i can put together a 1500 pt army with what I have. But to be honest I dont know were to begin.

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated

Kiras of the flame
17-09-2010, 03:21
you need more zombies...

enough to pull off something like something from George A Romero's movies... because a horde of mindless zombies are deadly....

TheKingInYellow
17-09-2010, 03:47
Yeah I started collecting VC recently too, and after reading, I'm going to have at least 25-30 skellies, 60+ ghouls and 100+ zombies for 2,000 to 2,500 point games. Zombies are awful but you can still summon them by the fistful.

Corrosive
22-09-2010, 12:54
hey yeah nah seriously, zombies bite the big one im afraid, and not in a good way. only summon them. and only to block flankers for a turn or 2. theyre just free combat res to anything u put them against. oh and maby if u wanted to try a magic boosted 1st turn zombie charge on some war machines.

i like beastie vamp lords with mucho cc power. red fury is broken if u try hard enough. u can have ur vamp killing up to 20 models in one cc phase ;) with a magic phase boost that is, but vamps are made so well to combine cc and magic itd b wrong to not take advantage of it.

mostly i just wanted to say that zombies suck.