PDA

View Full Version : Could these, converted Dryads be "counted as" Wardancers?

Your Mum Rang
07-03-2006, 19:17
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b388/YourMumRang/dryad.jpg

What do you think? I bleedin love the colours and would be easier to convert than chains.

You could justify almost all the War-Dances using the vines. +1 Attack would be obvious.

Ward save could come from them wrapping themselves in thier magical vines.

Killing blow could come from them throttling the enemy with their vines.

Striking first is also obvious as vines can whip out quickly.

Tezzmaniak
07-03-2006, 19:39
Wow, They look awesome !!!
As for wardancers, I would accept them... But I love playing against nice models... I'm not very strict... And opponents that are are not playing for fun... For me no problem as long as you can distinct they from a distance from dryads...

Lyonator
07-03-2006, 19:46
I would say add some glyphs or other markings ot approximate the 'dancers tattoos, but it is certainly doable...
like Tezz said, something to put them firmly apart from the 'real' dryads.
That and get them on the smaller bases, no point shooting yourself in the foot if you do it.

Tezzmaniak
07-03-2006, 19:50
That and get them on the smaller bases,
That's one of the best ways to make them different...:p

Darmort
07-03-2006, 20:53
All Wood Elf Models (well, all but Mounted, Treekin, and Treemen, :lol:) are on 20mm bases.

As to the models, sure! I love it when players make converted models that would otherwise cost a lot for a decent unit! It's part of what Modelling and Gaming is all about! Playing and making unique models and armies. 'Tis a brilliant concept, :D

god octo
07-03-2006, 20:57
i would let you use the rules, as long as you used those nice models! Putting them on 20mm bases will help gameplay and may encourage your opponent to let you use the wardancer rules.

starlight
07-03-2006, 21:00
Put that much work into a model and darn sure you can use it.:D

Xaskus
07-03-2006, 21:25
How many of those do you have done, especially considering you got that pic from GW. http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/woodelves/painting/converting_dryads/1d.htm

Xaskus

The Vorpal One
07-03-2006, 21:25
Get tge base size right and hell ya,,,Those are kick ass. Did you do those and if you did...HOW

Drake Dun
08-03-2006, 01:34
All Wood Elf Models (well, all but Mounted, Treekin, and Treemen, :lol:) are on 20mm bases.

I have never measured them with a ruler, but if you put a dryad base from the battalion box right next to a glade guard base from the same box, the dryad base is subtly larger.

Those models definitely kick butt. I would let you use them in a heartbeat.

Drake

Your Mum Rang
08-03-2006, 10:11
Well yeah I aint made one of these yet. I suppose I should give credit where credit is due but it was a late-night flash of inspiration.

Yeah Dryads are on 25mm bases which is probably the only bad thing about them. I would shove em on 20mm ones. And they dont take THAT much work.