PDA

View Full Version : 2000 WoC Nurgle themed (1st 8th edition army)

Irakaz
18-09-2010, 21:33
Hello!

I've decided to start playing properly this time on a more regular basis. I've not had any games with the new edition yet, but Ive got the new rulebooks and I'm having a go. I wanted the army to be Nurgle themed so multiples of 7 and magic items generally from chaos book only. Wasn't really sure if this was a viable list or not though. Mainly for fun, but I also want a chance at winning as well :p

Army General
Exalted hero
MoN, Enchanted Shield, Father of Blades, Acid ichor

Exalted hero (BSB)
MoN, Crown of Everlasting Conquest, Bloodcurdling roar

Sorcerer
lvl2, MoN, Rod of torment, Stream of Corruption

42 Marauders
MoN, shield, LA, full cmd

21 Warriors
MoN, shields, full cmd, Banner of Wrath

14 Warriors
MoN, shields, full cmd
Points 284

2 X 5 War hounds 30

Chaos Spawn
MoN

Hellcannon

Total points: 1997

randomkrazy
18-09-2010, 22:46
I've found Marauders work best with big numbers and great weapons, at WS 4 and St 5 they hurt lots of things. If you wanna stick with Nurgle I'd still give em great weapons.
Also consider using festus, he gives the whole units 5+ regen and poisoned attacks.

I've also found that Warriors with halberds (any mark other than khorne) and banner of rage, works wonders on just about any enemy. Especially toughness 3 enemies.

I made a nurgle theme list too 2500 though and won like 5 games then finally lost one to a really good opponent, here is the link: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273622

thesheriff
18-09-2010, 23:00
Talismain of preservation over crown of everlasting conquuest. 5pts cheaper, and you get it against flaming.

The spawn is expensive and pointless. Drop it and beef the 14 warriors to 18, and put halberds on the 21 marauders.

I think the combat hero is a bit pointless, and wont accomplish much. You could do with festus for the theme in the marauder unit.

I would try and squeeze in a lv.4 somewhere, maybe by upgrading your level 2 buy dropping some marauders. A lv.4 with spell familiar, lore of shadow is a great pairing up for festus. Withering on a unit to reduce there toughness by d3 (hopefully to one). USe the rest of you dice on small spells to drain him of dispel. Then, curse of the leper to wipe out the unit. Works a treat when they have taken every procaution to protect them from magic (MR, wardsaves, wizards dispel caddies).

He's 265 points, so maybe some marauders and warriors for points, but not to much of a tight squeeze

But, looks good so far

thesheriff

Irakaz
19-09-2010, 22:06
Some interesting ideas, although I can't use Festus, as I don't have the model and Im trying to stay away from special characters at the moment. Unfortunately I also don't have any marauders with great weapons, or warriors with halberds, so some limits there. I do have some warriors with additional HW and some flail marauders though.

How about this revised list. I might have some games this week so Ill be able to test it out soon and see where I want to make changes.

Army General
Sorceror Lord
Lvl 3, MoN, Rod of Torment, Tormentor sword

Exalted hero (BSB)
MoN, Talisman of preservation, Bloodcurdling roar, Biting blade

42 Marauders
MoN, shield, LA, full cmd

21 Marauders
MoN, flail, LA, full cmd

21 Warriors
MoN, shields, full cmd, Banner of Wrath

14 Warriors
MoN, shields, full cmd
Points 284

2 X 5 War hounds 30

Hellcannon

Total points: 1998

Irakaz
09-10-2010, 20:39
Ive played a few games now using all my available units at some point. I put this list together based off that. Essentially the two warrior units hold the centre, supported on their flanks by the flail units. Depending on what comes up giant attracts fire down one flank with the hounds on the other and any remaining hounds help in the centre to hinder movement/direct charges/take fire/etc. The Hellcannon . . . well . . . it does what it wants

Chaos Sorceror Lord
MoN, lvl 4, Infernal puppet, biting blade

Exalted hero
MoN, shield, BSB, stream of corrupution, axe of khorne

23 Chaos warriors
MoN, shield, standard, musician, banner of rage

19 Warriors
MoN, shield, standard, musician, rapturous standard

10 Marauders
flails

10 Marauders
flails

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

Chaos giant

Hellcannon

Total points: 1998

scarvet
09-10-2010, 21:32
I loled when I see the Lv4.

I can't stress enough how good is Warrior with halberd and buff by warshrine

Not sure what are those Marauders doing there, but if they work then keep them.

I am not sure if you need a Giant since Stank is the only thing that can stop Chaos Warriors....

Irakaz
10-10-2010, 12:54
I dont have warshrine, or halberd models unfortunately. Although I dislike the warshrine in general. Just a personal thing. The giant is there for a bit of fun. I like its randomness and it did well in the game played. The marauders are just small support units. If they get shot its ok thats one unit that missed everything else, if not then I use them for flank charges. Can sometimes be used to deflect lone monsters from hitting the warriors and can sometimes kill them themselves.