PDA

View Full Version : Nuns with Guns: A Primeminisntersinster SoB commission.

PrimeMinisterSinister
19-09-2010, 14:47
Gentlemonsters,
I've been contacted locally to paint a Sister's of Battle army to table top quality by October 10th.

Can I do it!?
Will I go mad?!
How much painting chickcannery can my girlfriend take before she goes to her mother's house?!
What are the chances of me falling in love with one of these tiny pewter ladies?!
Find out all this and more when Priministersinister paints an army in under a month!

Here's the model count.
2- Exorcist Tanks
12- Sister's of Battle------Done
12- Seraphim
5- Dominion squad
1- Immolator
1- Canoness--------------Done

Let's see what happens. Encouragement, thoughts, and tips are demanded.

------------------

So the first picture is what the client provided to me as a template for the scheme. As you can see, it's fairly standard SoB fare. Red, black, white: Super Catholic.
The next ones are what I've done with it. None of the bases are finished. I'm going to go back and do that when each squad is finished.
I've tweeked a few things here and there. The Fleur de lis was painted metal, but I changed it to white.
Thoughts?
-P

Skawolf
19-09-2010, 20:57
Well your version looks better than the template... that's a good start!

PrimeMinisterSinister
20-09-2010, 14:18
So, there's a dozen finished.
Sorry about the crappy photos. I usually try to go outside for pictures but it's starting to rain.
I tried to get a few different hair colours in there. The next batch is going to have a few different skin tones too.
Any thoughts?

GraveHound
21-09-2010, 16:25
Looking ace so far, maybe try to give your red another layer to make it stand out more ^^ also bases look great

keep 'em coming

Karlon
22-09-2010, 21:38
Gotta kill those green base edges man. The minis are great but those rims need to be black or dark brown. Right now the bases are drawing the eye away, the WIP ones in the original post look better.

PrimeMinisterSinister
23-09-2010, 16:10
Grave: Thanks brother, I did that before they went to the client. It did look a lot better.
Karlon: Green ring was requested, sorry Champ.

-----------------

So, here in St. John's, we just got finished with a hell of a storm.
Here's what the province looks like on the day after:
http://www.cbc.ca/nl/blogs/seen/2010/09/storm-photo.html
So what did I do? Battened down the hatches and painted a Cannoness. There's a little shine in the crevasses here and there, but that's because the varnish wasn't dry when I took the picture.
Thoughts?

Valo
24-09-2010, 01:04
we all know you hid under your desk and cried teh whole time...

Looks rad buddy,only thing I can recommend would be to possibly highlight the gold with some mithril silver or chainmail,and do some script on the purity seals.

PrimeMinisterSinister
06-10-2010, 15:55
Hey, guys, this is still on going, but my computer went ass over tea kettle so it'll be a little while until more pictures. On the up side, I'm down to one exorcist to paint. Woot!
More stuff has been added to the list, but that's to be done whenever.

Pvt. Ratt
10-10-2010, 05:33
MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!!

*Starts praying dutifully to the Emperor for about half a second before strutting around the SoB convent* -From '100 and 1 Ways to Get Yourself Killed in 40K

Petay1985
10-10-2010, 08:49
the sisters are looking good fella, i especially like the cannoness. keep it coming...

madd0ct0r
27-11-2010, 13:22
i'm watching.