PDA

View Full Version : Blood Knights and Blood Drinker question...

cypherstone
20-09-2010, 08:55
Guys not sure if this has been asked before, but if a vampire lord with blood drinker accompanies a unit of blood knights, and all of the blood knights in the squad have been wiped out before the lord has had a chance to attack, (fighting againist high elves.. *sigh*) and kills 4 enemies, can he then raise the 4 lost blood knights? as in theory the unit still exists until the end of combat, obviously if he fails to inflict any wounds then he couldnt raise them in the next magic phase as the unit is destroyed, but does the unit still exist until the end of combat??

Thanks in advance

Ultimate Life Form
20-09-2010, 09:05
as in theory the unit still exists until the end of combat

Actually I see nothing that would warrant such a theory. What's dead stays dead and doesn't get any attacks back or other fancy stuff. If the Blood Knights fall the Lord becomes a unit of his own, and the Blood Knights are effectively wiped from existence.

Paull
20-09-2010, 12:16
I agree with ULF

Once the unit has "died" the lord would no longer be considered as part of the unit

theunwantedbeing
20-09-2010, 12:31
Guys not sure if this has been asked before, but if a vampire lord with blood drinker accompanies a unit of blood knights, and all of the blood knights in the squad have been wiped out before the lord has had a chance to attack, (fighting againist high elves.. *sigh*) and kills 4 enemies, can he then raise the 4 lost blood knights? as in theory the unit still exists until the end of combat, obviously if he fails to inflict any wounds then he couldnt raise them in the next magic phase as the unit is destroyed, but does the unit still exist until the end of combat??

In theory your army being "undead" is actually technically dead so all opponents should get full VP for just fighting your army.

In anycase, all of the above is nonsense and does not happen.
So you cannot use the blood drinker (or anything) to bring back a unit that has just had all its models killed and you don't get VP for just fighting undead.

I have to clarify the latter because some people might believe it to be true.

Spleen Hammer
20-09-2010, 12:35
And those people are the scary ones...

Ultimate Life Form
20-09-2010, 12:35
I have to clarify the latter because some people might believe it to be true.

Sadly, it is not entirely impossible. :rolleyes:

diggerydoom
22-09-2010, 01:28
If all of the Blood Knights are dead then they cannot come back, however if there is but one surviving then a vampire with the blood drinker can restore the unit.

this topic has popped up numerous times already.

theunwantedbeing
22-09-2010, 02:12
If all of the Blood Knights are dead then they cannot come back, however if there is but one surviving then a vampire with the blood drinker can restore the unit.

this topic has popped up numerous times already.

Almost as if we aren't quite killing it off completely and leaving enough to be brought back....

perrin23860
22-09-2010, 13:21
Almost as if we aren't quite killing it off completely and leaving enough to be brought back....

This gave me a good laugh. Thanks! :)

Kampfpanzer
23-09-2010, 15:29
Actually I see nothing that would warrant such a theory. What's dead stays dead and doesn't get any attacks back or other fancy stuff. If the Blood Knights fall the Lord becomes a unit of his own, and the Blood Knights are effectively wiped from existence.

The theory comes from a line in the BRB (I cbf finding it, but I assure you it's in there) that states basically when a character joins a unit, it is no longer an independent character and is considered to be part of the unit until the character leaves, so people were stating if a unit gets wiped out, the character never left the unit so still represents the unit, don't get the VP for the unit, etc, etc. I imagine that is what he is referring to.