PDA

View Full Version : 1500 High Elves, new to HE

Lord_Crull
20-09-2010, 16:04
This is a list I'm putting together, thinking about getting into High Elves.

Celdith Silverblood
Mage
Seerstaff
Level Two
165pts

Eolanar Dragonkin
BSB
GW
Armor of Caledor
Guardian Phoenix
168pts

Dragon Company
24 Spearmen
Full Command
War Banner
261pts

Phoenix Company
15 Sea Guard
Full Command
205pts

The Knights of Caledor
7 Dragon Princes
Full Command
Banner of Ellyrion
275pts

Lion Company
18 White Lions
Full Command
Lion Standard
325pts

Great Eagle
50pts

Great Eagle
50pts

1499pts

Tactics are fairly simple. The Spearmen go with the BSB and form a main battleline with the White Lions. The Sea Guard join with the Mage and hang back. The Dragon Princes act as flankers. I know calvary suffered a hit in 8th so I just plan to use them as flankers for the White Lions. I got 7 so the two in the back can soak up losses if I need to. The Great Eagles do their usual thing and war machine/mage hunt.

As for the Mage's lore I'm looking at Beasts or Life because of the buffing spells they have. Wysssan's Wildfom or Flesh to Stone should be good support for my Elves.

And note, I'm not an uber competative person. I go with models and fluff that I like first, and them game effectiveness second.

D'Haran
20-09-2010, 19:19
Very good list, I think it should hold up pretty well. You don't need warbanner or lion standard, BoEF would be more practical and give your WL's magical attacks.

Some ppl will tell you that you don't have enough magic, and others will say don't take the DP's. Both are valid concerns but I think the list will do nicely. A fun alternative to DP's could be 2 Lion Chariots, it's what I'd go with.

lacurra
20-09-2010, 22:08
list looks great. i think it should do pretty well.