PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Nurgle Warriors of Chaos Warband

Lupercus
21-09-2010, 03:30
Hey all. As a product of my mono-Nurgle WoC help thread in the Tactics section, and thanks to everyone's help there, I've come up with the start of a 2000 point army list that I really like. I think it will be a good beginning point to collecting a Nurgle-themed Warriors of Chaos army, at the very least. I'm not necessarily going for a 100% efficient, optimized list by any means, and I'm not sure that going mono-god with WoC would even allow such a thing. That said, I think a Nurgle-themed list can be highly effective, while being rather characterful and fun. Here's what I've got in mind at the moment...

Ghulva Plaguemaw, the Corrupter
Sorcerer Lord-
Level 4
Mark of Nurgle
Palanquin of Nurgle

Vulgus the Blighted
Exalted-
Battle Standard
Mark of Nurgle
Shield

14 Chaos Warriors-
Mark of Nurgle
Shields
Musician
Champion
Standard Bearer
*Ghulva joins this unit

39 Chaos Marauders-
Mark of Nurgle
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Chieftain
*Vulgus joins this unit

5 Marauder Horsemen-
Flails
Musician

4 Trolls

Chaos Chariot-
Mark of Nurgle

5 Chaos Knights-
Mark of Nurgle
Musician
Standard Bearer

Chaos Warshrine-
Mark of Nurgle

Current Total 1860pts.

So there we have it. All in all I really like this list, and the possibilities for what it could potentially become. You'll notice that no magic items have been added to the army list yet, and that I've got about 140 points to play around with in that regard, which isn't too bad, I think. Suggestions in regards to that would definitely be welcome as well.

So, whatever thoughts you may have in regards to this list would be invaluable. I really would have loved to add a third character to the list, however I just don't think it will happen...nor do I think it's completely necessary. Of course, if you have a differing opinion, by all means let me know. So, fire away with any questions, comments, suggestions, et.

medevilmike
21-09-2010, 23:47
-1 marauder, blood of tzn/charmed sheild on lord, stream of corruption on your bsb, and a lvl 1 sorc with spell familiar...probally go fire on him. sorc goes with bsb in your mara to make up the loss of 1 guy, your lord has a 2up save and ignores first hit on 2+ with miscast protection from blood. Stream just seems very nurgly to me and is pimpin on a 6 init hero. Just my suggestions though good luck!

Bauknefer
22-09-2010, 02:23
hey there its good to see a good fluff list. what im going to say is all my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

a pala takes 50mm by 50mm right? so he could fill in for 4 chaos warriors so you can go 6 wide... dont know if you wanted that or not. But i would swap out where your characters are go 5 wide on warriors and have your sorc in the marauders where if he miscasts he doesnt ruin the unit he is running with. he only kills 5 point marauders. Now for kit i would give the lord infernal puppet and 4+ ward item for the bsb i would give him enchanted shield and talismen of endurance. they are offensive enough i say try to survive.

What are you going to be doing with your horsemen? they dont seem like enough anymore. I would drop them and try and fit another chariot. just an opinion.

sorry if i was being too blunt or anything its just what im seeing. Good to see some Fluff! :)