PDA

View Full Version : Sace Wolves on a Space Hulk?

Aedes
21-09-2010, 22:39
I was just wondering--
are there any records about the Space Wolves boarding a Space Hulk
and fighting off some Tyranids?
Are they doing that kind of thing?
I am just playing around with an idea in my head....

nagash66
21-09-2010, 23:02
Yes one of the ragnar novels begins and ends with Wolves vs nids on a hulk, i think its the last one but i aint 100% on that part.

Iuris
22-09-2010, 06:59
Clearing space hulks is supposed to be quite a common job that needs doing, so I'd expect just about every chapter has to do some of it.

AndrewGPaul
22-09-2010, 07:25
There are at least three official Space Hulk campaigns (2 1st edition, 1 2nd) featuring the Space Wolves. One of those was published before the Space Wolves went from being a Chapter proud of their adherence to the Codex to the hairy savages we know and love, so they all have the usual bad latin names and proper Marine ranks.

There was also a short story in an issue of Inferno!, and the story through 2nd edition Codex: Space Wolves featured Ragnar's company performing a drop assault against a Tyranid infestation.

Pacific
22-09-2010, 07:59
Yes, that story with Ragnar was excellent! I wonder, has it been published since?

Also, in the Deathwing short story from years back - one of the Deathwing marines is recounting a tail where he found the remains of some long deceased space wolves onboard a hulk.

I would say with almost certainty that they would have been involved in Space Hulk boarding actions, it's the duty of the chapter to board any which enter their region of space.

Prokrustes
22-09-2010, 08:07
Last Story in "Into the Maelstrom" is pretty much that. Not delving deeper to avoid spoilers.