PDA

View Full Version : The madness of Red fury, lance charge and Sword of Bloodshed

What Would Batman Do?
22-09-2010, 08:33
I'm thinking of fielding this Vampire Lord:

Red Fury (all succesfull wounds give him an extra attack)
Dread Knight (heavy armour, lance, shield, mounted)
Infinite Hatered

Sword of Bloodshed (+3 attacks)
Walach’s Bloody Hauberk

No my question is, with the combination of the highlighted items would it mean that on a charge I get his normal 4 attacks with +2 str (due to the lance) and for every wound that cause, I get 1 more attack with +2 (since it still is in combintation with the charge) and in the following turns of combat I get the +3 attacks?

Or is it that on a charge that i get 7 str 7 attacks that gives me an additional attack for every wound?

Tykinkuula
22-09-2010, 08:53
if you have a magic weapon, you always use it. You can never use the lance, and would not get the strength bonus at all.

Chris_
22-09-2010, 08:56
Sorry, you have to use a magical weapon if you have one. See "special weapons" on pg. 88-89.

So with this setup you would get 7 attacks at S5. Note to that you only get another attack for every unsaved wound. I.e. the target can save first and then you will get extra attacks depending on how many wounds he took.

Edit: Damn, ninja'd again :P

Elyssia
22-09-2010, 08:58
The combo you want is:
- Red fury
- Infinite hatred
- +3 attacks sword (or +2 if you want a ward save)
- Potion of strength

This way you have 7 or 8 rerollable strength 5 attacks against low toughness/bad save enemies and str8 against big ones/good save (for one turn).

Chris_
22-09-2010, 09:00
^ I think you mean 6 or 7 attacks?

Witchblade
22-09-2010, 09:15
Option 3: you always only use the +3A sword and disregard the lance completely.

Edit: I should stop opening replies and only post a while later without refreshing the page.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
22-09-2010, 09:36
That combo is also illegal as the sword of bloodshed is 60pts and walachs bloody hauberk is 45pts, coming to 105pts.

The combo I normally use is:

Infinite Hatred,
Red Fury,
Avatar of Death (Heavy Armour and Shield),

Sword of Quarrel (+2 Attacks),
Dragon Helm,
Crown of the Damned,
The Other Tricksters Shard,

Hellsteed,

Extra Magic Level.

Comes in at 480pts, has 6 WS7 S5 attacks with the normal extras, and makes enemies reroll successful ward saves.
Also has a 2+ Armour and a 4+ Ward, and is a Lvl 3 Wizard. Only downside is that he has stupidity, but with a BSB rerollable Ld10 isn't normally a problem.
The nasty combo to this is have another Vampire with Forbidden Lore knowing the Lore of Beasts cast the spell which gives the target +3S and +3A. Now your running round with 9 WS7 S8 attacks. Nasty.

theunwantedbeing
22-09-2010, 13:39
It's quite absurd that red fury doesnt work with a great weapon...but works with everything else just fine, thats' never really made any sense.

Dreadlance + Red fury + Savage Beast of Horros and you've got an 8 attack st10 vampire who auto-hits and each 2+ that isn't saved (other trickster's shard to make people re-roll wards) is a new auto-hitting attack.
That's 14-16 kills, and not charging only docks the strength to 8, which is almost entirely meaningless (steam tank is an exception).

It's quite maddening the damage output vampires can attain simply down to red fury existing and working in combination with everything that isnt a great weapon.

What Would Batman Do?
22-09-2010, 14:02
Man everything about that was illegal now that you guys point it out. Thanks everyone

T10
22-09-2010, 15:32
Yeah, all the really good combos are.

-T10

Leth Shyish'phak
22-09-2010, 19:02
My Chaos Lord wielding the Sword of Bloodshed and the Giant Blade would like to disagree with you there. He gets +3S and +4A (+1 for two weapons)!

The Mark of Tzeentch and the Pendant of Khaeleth for an inverse ward save with +1 is pretty good too.

Malorian
22-09-2010, 22:46
The combo you want is:
- Red fury
- Infinite hatred
- +3 attacks sword
- Potion of strength

I ran this combo (plus avatar of war for heavy armor and shield) ad he did VERY well. Killed a character no problem in a challenge and then killed off the hordes easily enough.

AlphariusOmegon20
23-09-2010, 12:59
My Chaos Lord wielding the Sword of Bloodshed and the Giant Blade would like to disagree with you there. He gets +3S and +4A (+1 for two weapons)!

The Mark of Tzeentch and the Pendant of Khaeleth for an inverse ward save with +1 is pretty good too.

Just how exactly are you getting a Mark of Tzeentch and the Pendant of Khaeleth on the same character?

Mark of Tzeentch is WoC. The Pendant is out of the DE book.

That is illegal to do, as you can not select DE magic items for a WoC character.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
23-09-2010, 14:40
Just how exactly are you getting a Mark of Tzeentch and the Pendant of Khaeleth on the same character?

Mark of Tzeentch is WoC. The Pendant is out of the DE book.

That is illegal to do, as you can not select DE magic items for a WoC character.

He wasn't being serious ;).

decker_cky
23-09-2010, 19:41
I like how combining two magic weapons worth over 100 pts didn't raise an eyebrow though. :P

Maoriboy007
24-09-2010, 00:23
I like how combining two magic weapons worth over 100 pts didn't raise an eyebrow though. :P

Whos going to argue with a guy weilding the Giant Blade and the Sword of Bloodshed?

Lazarian
24-09-2010, 00:50
Well that one guy did, but he died. So umm yeah we admire his brokenness from afar.

gaarew
24-09-2010, 01:15
The combo you want is:
- Red fury
- Infinite hatred
- +3 attacks sword (or +2 if you want a ward save)
- Potion of strength

This way you have 7 or 8 rerollable strength 5 attacks against low toughness/bad save enemies and str8 against big ones/good save (for one turn).

The combo you really want is:

- Red Fury
- Forbidden Lore (Beasts)
- Power Scroll
- Potion of Strength
- Talisman of Preservation

Use the Power Scroll to cast Epic Transformation of Khadon and turn yourself into a Mountain Chimera. Vampire Powers aren't affected by the spell. If you drink the potion at the start of the turn, it is considered used, so won't be affected either.

That's 4d6 WS 7 STR7 (10 with potion) Poisoned attacks, generating an extra attack for every unsaved wound. At -4 (or -7) to Saves...

:evilgrin:

Lazarian
24-09-2010, 01:22
The combo you really want is:

- Red Fury
- Forbidden Lore (Beasts)
- Power Scroll
- Potion of Strength
- Talisman of Preservation

Use the Power Scroll to cast Epic Transformation of Khadon and turn yourself into a Mountain Chimera. Vampire Powers aren't affected by the spell. If you drink the potion at the start of the turn, it is considered used, so won't be affected either.

That's 4d6 WS 7 STR7 (10 with potion) Poisoned attacks, generating an extra attack for every unsaved wound. At -4 (or -7) to Saves...

:evilgrin:

I think your opponent wouldnt be mad, they would be impressed, you would at that point of eaten the whole wheel of cheese.

Dragoon999
24-09-2010, 01:41
I don't think any specs of cheese made it out of the factory that day:eek::wtf::cheese::cheese::cheese::angel:

Lazarian
24-09-2010, 02:11
I would welcome with open arms anyone wanting to use this combo only if they bring with them a sound effect of a nuclear blast going off to demonstrate the awesome destruction that just hit my unit. Its the only way I can see justify the awesomeness.

AlphariusOmegon20
24-09-2010, 06:37
He wasn't being serious ;).

LOL for a second, it sounded like he was.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
24-09-2010, 09:54
LOL for a second, it sounded like he was.

I know, first time I read it I was the same ;).

Nice combo there with the Chimera, until someone uses a dispel scroll in a following turn when your Chimera has already taken 3 wounds. Funny to see what's left of the unit it hits though.

Atrahasis
24-09-2010, 09:57
Using a dispel scroll on a spell in play, eh?

NixonAsADaemonPrince
24-09-2010, 11:58
Damn if I haven't got my rulebook at the moment, lent it to a friend, I knew there was a flaw in that plan. Just use all your power dice instead I suppose. Cheers for pointing that out.

Leth Shyish'phak
24-09-2010, 18:43
I don't know what you guys mean... I use that Chaos Lord every game. :shifty:

Lazarian
25-09-2010, 20:17
I know, first time I read it I was the same ;).

Nice combo there with the Chimera, until someone uses a dispel scroll in a following turn when your Chimera has already taken 3 wounds. Funny to see what's left of the unit it hits though.

That would be the point, not much. Its unlikely there is a target left, plus its not reasonable to assume 3 wounds found their way on a toughness 7 beastie. Plus you get to use a sound file from the new Clash of the Titans where Zeus yells 'unleash the Kraken' every time it goes off.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
25-09-2010, 22:11
Plus you get to use a sound file from the new Clash of the Titans where Zeus yells 'unleash the Kraken' every time it goes off.

That is an extremely good point. Definitely makes it a must do.