PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Monstrosities! 2500pts

TheDrugLordX
22-09-2010, 20:38
Hey, new list themed around Moulder (mostly) and some Eshin.

Are doulbe hellpit abominations dull to play against in a friendly environment? This list would be used both competively and friendly (but mostly in friendly games), against anything. What do you think?

Skaven

Vermin Lord - 500pts

Warlock Engineer - 45pts
Doom Rocket

Warlock Engineer - 65pts
Brass Orb

Chieftain - 72pts
Battle Standard Bearer
Shield

Assasin - 170pts
Weeping Blade, Potion of Strength

40 Clanrats - 257pts
Musician, Standard Bearer
Poison Wind Mortar

40 Clanrats - 257pts
Poison Wind Mortar

30 Stormvermin - 275pts
Storm Banner

20 Skavenslaves - 42pts
Musician

6 Rat Ogres/2 Packmasters - 256pts

5 Gutter Runners - 90pts
Slings, Poisoned Attacks

Hellpit Abomination - 235pts

Hellpit Abomination - 235pts

Total: 2499pts

thesheriff
22-09-2010, 21:05
I would have thought that the skaven special charecter that makes Rogres core would ahve been more of the monstrisity theme. Failing that, just more rat ogres would be uslful for the theme, 2 units of 6 would be my thoughts, maybe at the expense of the storm vermin.

but, i like the theme

thesheriff

Kevlar
22-09-2010, 21:08
I think having a 15 point ld 5 model as your general is going to be painful.

Killboss
23-09-2010, 05:29
Kevlar hit the nail on the head. You need another high LD model to be your general. I'd drop the engineer(s) and buy either a Warlord, or a Tool'd Chieftan.

Max zero
23-09-2010, 06:17
Can't fit in any Giant Rats? Seems strange of a Moulder army.

shadow hunter
23-09-2010, 11:23
Yeah - doesn't really look like a moulder army to me, although you did say monstrosities.

As said you need a decent general. Maybe drop the Assassin for one, and get some giant rats in there also.

TheDrugLordX
23-09-2010, 19:42
Hey all, and thanks for your replies! Your thoughts are deeply taken into consideration.

What this list lacks the most, what you guys so keenly have pointed out, is a powerfull leader that makes my units stay in place, especially my Rat Ogres need help to overcome their frenzy. I have, however, found that all my LD8 stubborn units with BSB re-roll actually stay in place pretty neatly.

Also, I'm not keen on investing a lot of points on a chieftain (only LD6) when characters are so bad in combat these days (with the all so powerful infantry everywhere).

What I'd like is a warlord mounted on bonebreaker, he's a powerhouse in combat, even comparable to a vermin lord in combat! (and tougher as he can't be shot at easily) Though unless playing 3000pts I can't field both him and a vermin lord, and I really love the vermin lord fluff-wise. I might atleast try a list where I swap the vermin lord for a warlord on bonebreaker and grey seer though (roughly same amount of points).

And this isn't a moulder army - skaven clans are all different in nature, but all "borrow" units from the other clans. I havn't quite yet figured out the fluff off my clan but I will some day. It's just an army themed around the little bigger stuff.

Kevlar
24-09-2010, 18:34
When ever I field a VL I make a priest my general. Gives you some magic, fights well, and toughness 5 is pretty solid. Just keep him away from poison/auto wound stuff.

DisasterMaster
24-09-2010, 21:44
You know you could switch your vermin lord for a warlord AND grey seer. Vermin lord is good but is a lot of points for all that good. Also he isn't too tough and will die fast if the opponent wants him dead

thesheriff
25-09-2010, 09:02
You know you could switch your vermin lord for a warlord AND grey seer. Vermin lord is good but is a lot of points for all that good. Also he isn't too tough and will die fast if the opponent wants him dead

Alternativly, swap vermin lord for throt and a grey seer. Makes rogres troops and you have a lv.4 to boot.

TheDrugLordX
26-09-2010, 12:19
Plague Priests are not very powerful in combat, and are useless magicians. 100pts (or more) is not something I want to spend a terrible character. His extra LD is not worth it, simply.

The Vermin Lord is pretty meh really, had two games with him this weekend where he performed decent, though not worth his weight in points. For my next set of games I'll try swapping him for a Warlord and Grey Seer, which should be more fun to play with, and way better competitively.

I'm also having my doubts about the assasin and the Storm Vermin, thinking of swapping them both out but not sure for what yet.

...and i really dislike special characters. Also, it's not a moulder clan army, it's my own clan!

But thanks for your comments, new list will be up shortly:)

Killboss
29-09-2010, 09:08
Wait.... What armies do you play against, that might help us.......

Because stormvermin are worth it against anything not I5, and with a bad save (5+, 6+) and T3.