PDA

View Full Version : Staff of Change.

DaemonReign
22-09-2010, 22:57
Hey everybody (that don't think a level 25 PSX can be dispelled at 15+ in sibsequent phase ;) - here's a question And our ruling of it:

Q: Does Herald of Tzeentch with Staff of Change confer the (T-check or die) Gift of the Staff to impact hits caused by Burning Chariot or attack of Disc'oChange?

Our 'House' Interpretation:

No, no more than the ability 'would have been' confered to a 'mortal' steed/ridden monster/chariot.

Would you say it's a correct ruling?

Chris_
22-09-2010, 23:04
Good that I know that is the correct ruling then :p

Anyway, there is a topic on this already, consensus seem to be what you guys already said.

theunwantedbeing
22-09-2010, 23:08
No it doesnt.
The staff of change specifically states hits from the staff cause its effect, so it's impossible for the ability to be transferred across.

Synnister
23-09-2010, 01:15
Also, mounts only share certain special abilities and this is not one that is allowed to be shared.

DaemonReign
24-09-2010, 22:09
I'm glad everyone seems to agree about how to (not) implement the effect of Staff of Change with Impact hits etc.

I was fairly damn certain this would be general consensus as well.

The reason I wanted to check is this:

What kind of joke is this 50 pts Item anyway?

Everytime I look at Staff of Change it makes me chuckle.

Has ANYONE ever had any use for it? On a Herald of Tzeentch? or even a LoC?

I mean.. The HoT suck at CC, and the Gift requires him to Wound something with multiple wounds for there to be a T-check.. Now.. Anything with multiple wounds will either have high Toughness and WS - meaning I won't wound him with my WS 3 S 3 attacks, and even if I do he is likely to pass the test unless rolling a 6.

There might be certain characters with low Toughness and only average WS but they are all the more likely to negate the HoT's attacks with Armour Save.. So anyway you look at it.. isn't this Gift ridiculously bad, sort of?

Synnister
24-09-2010, 22:40
yes its horrible. i've never even thought about taking it and if i ever did think about using it, i'd send myself to the corner and maybe a swift punch to the taint.

SiNNiX
25-09-2010, 06:21
That's because it wasn't really made for HoT's, but more for LOC and even DPoT.

Holy acronyms!