PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts of... CHAOS DWARFS!!!!

spiderman5z
24-09-2010, 01:03
1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Lord @ 295 Pts
General; Magic Level 4
Power Stone
Talisman of Preservation

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer @ 125 Pts
Magic Level 2
Dispel Scroll

1 Bull Centaur Hero @ 149 Pts
Great Weapon
Armour of the Furnace

1 Chaos Dwarf Hero @ 135 Pts
Battle Standard
Armour of Gazrakh
Sword of Might

15 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss @ 180 Pts
Blunderbuss; Heavy Armour

15 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss @ 180 Pts
Blunderbuss; Heavy Armour

25 Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 245 Pts
Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

40 Hobgoblins @ 180 Pts
Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower @ 60 Pts

1 Death Rocket @ 80 Pts

1 Earthshaker @ 110 Pts

11 Bull Centaurs @ 261 Pts
Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

This is my 2k pts CD list. It's to be used in a chaos campaign so ill be fighting against WoC, DoC and BoC. Im thinking of taking lore of metal on the lvl 2 and shadow on the lvl 4. I have an alternative version of this list where i drop the bull centaur hero and add in another earthshaker and a few more bull centaur. But i think this is more balanced....

spiderman5z
30-09-2010, 01:52
no love for the big hats :(

mistrmoon
30-09-2010, 07:29
In an all chaos campaign where you know you'll be fighting deamons and probably lots of warriors I'd dump the centaurs, they are so expensive for what they do and generally just get chopped to peices before even getting to attack. Also hobgoblins should be run naked, twice as many bodies will last longer then the amount you have with upgrades. for teh points of the bull centaurs and the centaur hero add a big brick of black orcs they are your elite infantry, make good use of them!

and if you can find room for it feedback scrolls are amazing!

bluemage
01-10-2010, 03:23
Well there are several things you could try and take advantage of. Lore of death is great when your lvl 4 wizard is leadership 10. Also I'd run large units of hobgoblins with just a musician. 2 points a model is great when you're buying cannon fodder. I"d also add a second earthshaker and a couple bolt throwers since they're so cheap. Maybe another death rocket.

I'd drop the bulls and bull character to save some points. I feel they cost to much and die too easily to be worth taking. Instead take units of chaos dwarfs with great weapons. They should do better in combat.

spiderman5z
02-10-2010, 05:56
so about how many hobgoblins would u suggest? should i add in a chaos dwarf killy lord?

bluemage
02-10-2010, 12:25
Not sure whether a killy lord is worth the points compared to a bunch of dwarves with great weapons. I personally don't like fielding combat units that can only do well if they contain a combat character, but that's just my prefered play style.

As for the hobgoblins, units of 50 should be good for holding powerful units up for a couple of turns, and won't give away much in the way of points.

spiderman5z
02-10-2010, 21:11
I see well id like to keep some cav in my army what do you think about wolfriders? are they worth it? I've never used them before

spiderman5z
03-10-2010, 06:37
Turns out it's a 2.5 k list hehe. And its next week and i barely have 1500 points almost built ah well. Still love my evil stunties. This is a 2500 pt list of the big hats possibly for the campaign if they let me join late or just for fun...

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Lord @ 270 Pts
General; Magic Level 4
Talisman of Preservation

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer @ 125 Pts
Magic Level 2
Dispel Scroll

1 Chaos Dwarf Hero @ 135 Pts
Battle Standard
Armour of Gazrakh
Sword of Might

15 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss @ 190 Pts
Blunderbuss; Heavy Armour, Champion

15 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss @ 190 Pts
Blunderbuss; Heavy Armour, Champion

10 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders @ 120 Pts
Musician

25 Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 305 Pts
Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician, Champion

10 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders @ 120 Pts
Musician

50 Hobgoblins @ 110 Pts
Musician

50 Hobgoblins @ 110 Pts
Musician

25 * Black Orcs @ 343 Pts
Standard; Musician

1 Death Rocket @ 80 Pts

1 Death Rocket @ 80 Pts

1 Death Rocket @ 80 Pts

1 Earthshaker @ 110 Pts

Basic plan is shoot em up with artillery tar pit with hobbos tear em a new one with black orcs and dwarfs with gws and use wolfies to catch the enemy when the enemy flees, since stunties are so ******* slow. Thats the theory of it i spose

bluemage
03-10-2010, 14:26
It looks like a good list. Plenty of shooting, some cannon fodder and then some faster elements to help out where needed. Should work well.