PDA

View Full Version : Doomwheel shooting

Mooseman007
26-09-2010, 01:23
Played a game today and my skaven oppoenet said that everytime he wounded me with his doomwheel gun it does D6 wounds instead of one.

Is this right?

Tarian
26-09-2010, 01:24
Yep, and it's magical. (Does not ignore armor saves) though the rule is Multiple Wounds: D6. I.e. it only does the multiples to multi-would models.

Mooseman007
26-09-2010, 01:48
ya thx, it took out a chaos chariot amd 2 warshrines in shooting and I was not sure.

So it does ignore armor saves too right, when its s10?

Kevlar
26-09-2010, 03:17
ya thx, it took out a chaos chariot amd 2 warshrines in shooting and I was not sure.

So it does ignore armor saves too right, when its s10?

Warp lightning ignores armor even when its str 2.

Its pretty easy to counter though, remember it can't target anything it always shoots the closest thing. So a cheap screening unit in front of your expensive stuff will stop it. Its pretty useless against ranked infantry too. The grind attack only does d3, and the rats are str 2 with 2d6 hits that will mostly miss anyway. It isn't unbreakable either, so its pretty easy to beat in close combat and send running.

Tarian
26-09-2010, 16:27
Actually, the Zzzzzzzap does *not* ignore armor saves. However, it's a very mean large critter/multiwound model killer.

WusteGeist
27-09-2010, 07:23
Just to add clarity to this, in this edition of the game, you may attempt an armour save, against any "shot". So long as you have the armour needed to make the save and that the shot does not say something like "no saves allowed, ignore armour saves".

Tarian
27-09-2010, 23:16
Well, the Warp Lightning Cannon says it ignores AS, Zzzzzap! does not as far as I can tell.

Kevlar
27-09-2010, 23:22
Well, the Warp Lightning Cannon says it ignores AS, Zzzzzap! does not as far as I can tell.

Good catch, I though they were the same thing. Hope I didn't cheat anyone.