PDA

View Full Version : Super Speedy Orcs! 2250 Turn 1 Madness

Entreri Bloodletter
26-09-2010, 06:07
Alright well how's this for an army list? I realize it isn't very big but it focuses on extreme speed and getting in your face from turn 1. Both large units have a very good chance of charging turn 1 before your opponent can react. The night goblins are there for fanatic delivery and that pretty much it.

Savage Orc Warboss, Shagga's Sword, 2+ armor save, Luckstone
Level 4 Savage Orc Shaman, Martag's Best Basha, Powerscroll, 4+ ward
Level 2 Orc Shaman, Dispel Scroll
BO BSB Rampage Standard, heavy armor, boar (doesn't need to worry about templates if he's going to be in combat turn 1- but also optional)
BO Big Boss, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, Dragonhelm, heavy armor

40 Big Uns, two choppas, full command, Standard of Swiftness (2 extra inches could be the difference between making and missing a long charge)
21 NG with short bows, musician, 2 fanatics
21 NG with short bows, musician, 2 fanatics

40 Black Orcs, Full command, Waaaagh Banner

And that's the army. Very few units but both of them can charge turn one with the Waaagh Ability combined with the spell. Both large units will be deployed in horde and can dish out an obscene amount of hits that can potentially be re-rollable.

So the BO unit on average will get 4+3.5(Waaagh) + 3.5 (Waaagh Banner) + 7 (charge-can be rerolled) = 18 average inches. Possibly more

The Big Uns will Waaaagh on a 2+, getting 3.5 inches, will march 1st turn getting 10 more inches. Then the Waaagh spell will give another 7 (on average). Thus 1st turn they can go 20.5 inches, very easily charging. Both units can beat almost anything they run in to with 40 S5 attacks that could be rerolled. They should be in combat pretty much every turn, so that eliminates shooting and (most) spell damage.

Any thoughts? Improvements to the army list?

thesheriff
26-09-2010, 06:34
I like the idea, and it will scare the sh1t out of someone if it works, but my issue is that all your averages are just shy on both counts. I would suggest taking out the black orcs and putting in a massive unit of savage orc big uns, which might work better, and then go horde goobs and other stuff to support (maybe a load of chariots)

But, the army is a funny idea, and will probably be a laugh to use

thesheriff

Entreri Bloodletter
26-09-2010, 14:37
Well part of the strategy is going second so that they can advance a little. In both cases they only need to move about 6 inches for me to be in range, and most people will do that because they won't expect a 20 inch charge

dude.sweet101@yahoo.co.uk
26-09-2010, 15:00
They are now..............

thesheriff
26-09-2010, 20:47
They are now..............

Yeah, anyone who adds up the advantages, or plays it again, will just stay back. Even if there a combat army. You could combat this by puting a HUGE amount of cheap bolt throwers, stone throwers and doom divers. I'd say 4 BT, and 2 each of the later. That will make them come forward so they can at least try and kill something, and thats when you spring the ninja orc trap on the b@stards :P.

Those machines will set you back about 350ish pts, but when focoused on one unit will wreck them with a bunch of shots, some of which will realy take a tole on monsters or infantry.

Entreri Bloodletter
27-09-2010, 14:35
Yeah, anyone who adds up the advantages, or plays it again, will just stay back. Even if there a combat army. You could combat this by puting a HUGE amount of cheap bolt throwers, stone throwers and doom divers. I'd say 4 BT, and 2 each of the later. That will make them come forward so they can at least try and kill something, and thats when you spring the ninja orc trap on the b@stards :P.

Those machines will set you back about 350ish pts, but when focoused on one unit will wreck them with a bunch of shots, some of which will realy take a tole on monsters or infantry.

I like that idea and the warmachines are a good idea and one I thought about earlier but I did not want to cause a problem with how it reacts to the Waaaaagh spell. Until that gets resolved or until I talk it over with my friends I probably won't use them.

Another idea I had was to drop the black orc big boss and beef up one NG unit into a combat unit with a cheap character.

The end result looks like this:

Savage Orc Warboss, Shagga's Sword, 2+ armor save, Luckstone
Level 4 Savage Orc Shaman, Martag's Best Basha, Powerscroll, 4+ ward, Ironcurse Totem
Level 2 Orc Shaman, Dispel Scroll
BO BSB Rampage Standard, heavy armor, boar (doesn't need to worry about templates if he's going to be in combat turn 1- but also optional)
NG Big Boss, Light armor, GW, Mad Cap Mushrooms

38 Big Uns, two choppas, full command, Waaaagh Banner - General and BSB here
21 NG with short bows, musician,1 fanatics
32 NG with nets, full command, 3 fanatics

38 Black Orcs, Full command, Standard of Swiftness (2 extra inches could be the difference between making and missing a long charge) - Great Shaman goes here