PDA

View Full Version : Power Scroll and Pandemonium.

Hashulaman
26-09-2010, 09:03
Okay say a mage uses a Power Scroll for IF/miscast on any double, however the spell Pandemonium from the Lore of Tzeentch in the WoC book, which causes only a Miscast and not the IF that would come with it normally. Is there still a IF, or is there just a miscast? Which takes precedence?

Chris_
26-09-2010, 09:39
IF AND Miscast on every double as normal for Power Scroll. Check FAQ for WoC, it has been changed to "must roll on the miscast table", i.e. if pandemonium is in effect you will still sucessfully cast the spell on any double if you hit the casting value.

Hashulaman
26-09-2010, 19:58
It says you roll on the miscast table but it gets IF with the roll of double 6's.

Tae
26-09-2010, 20:10
It's a hangover from 7th Ed where IF's were only on a double 6 period (unless you were a High Elf).

So currently there's no definitive rules answer - as the scroll says IF on any double and Pandemonium says only on double 6. So they directly contradict.

Personally I am, and will continue to until an FAQ says otherwise, playing it that any double is IF and a miscast, as Pandemonium was written with 7th in mind.

Chris_
27-09-2010, 05:13
It says you roll on the miscast table but it gets IF with the roll of double 6's.I would agree that it can be argued either way but the text with only IF on double 6's is in paranthesis and I would rather let a effect (Power Scroll) take precedence over something which obviously is only for clarification purposes.