PDA

View Full Version : 3rd eye and tomb kings

BaSe
26-09-2010, 13:13
How does the 3rd eye of tzeentch work with tomb kings magic. Considering they don't roll as such to use there magic does this mean that when using the eye u use their rules for casting?

Lazarian
26-09-2010, 14:02
i say go for it!! double hellcannon shooting goodness!

Honestly im not certain, I do think the sensible way to play it is that it casts like Tomb King magic, obviously you cannot heal as per its rules.

BaSe
26-09-2010, 14:36
That's what I'm thinking ;) that and moving then charging in 1 turn :D. I've played one game with the item and did just that, played using his casting rules. It's very useful.

Chris_
26-09-2010, 14:56
Well considering that all the incantations (except the Magic Missile) require the target unit to be a friendly Undead unit I think you will have trouble using it.

BaSe
26-09-2010, 15:17
Well considering that all the incantations (except the Magic Missile) require the target unit to be a friendly Undead unit I think you will have trouble using it.

I need to have a close gander at the army book. Is that the exact wording?

theunwantedbeing
26-09-2010, 16:30
Yup, all the spells barring the magic missile clearly state that you target "one of your own undead units" with them.

The third eye is largely worthless vs Tomb Kings. But you aren't forced to use it if you have it, who knows maybe they'll have a tomg king wearing the wizards hat and you'll get to use that third eye :P

Tae
26-09-2010, 16:37
I need to have a close gander at the army book. Is that the exact wording?

Yes. The Incantations of Summoning (raise spell), Urgency (move again spell) and Rigteous Smiting (fight again) all begin with the phrase "Target one of your Undead units..."

BaSe
26-09-2010, 18:07
That really wasn't the answer I wanted to hear :( now do I tell my friend that ;) I will and I'll swap the 3rd eye for something else when playing tk.

theunwantedbeing
26-09-2010, 18:16
That really wasn't the answer I wanted to hear :( now do I tell my friend that ;) I will and I'll swap the 3rd eye for something else when playing tk.

Or you can just live with the fact that the third eye isnt that useful against Tomb Kings and not tool your list to fight specific opponents.

WusteGeist
27-09-2010, 07:18
Or you can just live with the fact that the third eye isnt that useful against Tomb Kings and not tool your list to fight specific opponents.

Also the simple fact that you have a much better Army book going against one of the oldest standing army books. Do you really need another edge over an already suffering book?

Djekar
27-09-2010, 07:21
Also, I hear that Tomb Kings routinely take the Wizard's Hat to give them access to the new lores as well. That should give you something. But I'm all for not tailoring the list. It's assumed that you won't - that's one of the balancing factors (albiet a poor one) for magic: choosing your lore at list construction.

BaSe
27-09-2010, 07:34
Also the simple fact that you have a much better Army book going against one of the oldest standing army books. Do you really need another edge over an already suffering book?

I was just rule checking. I can't use it so fair play but I wasn't trying to get the edge so to speak. The guy I play mainly against is a close friend so we play for fun. Just wanted to be sure.

SiNNiX
27-09-2010, 08:44

Like I said I am confused. Not with the workings of this but of your statement. Mainly because the argument of "but his army's older" has never made sense to me in any sense. Mind you I am not attacking you, I just dislike the basis of any argument to be "that's not really fair" as that is not logical.

Just poking fun, WusteGeist. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry about it. :p