PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Daemons

Davo
26-09-2010, 13:16
Afternoon chaps, despite playing a good few games with the Beasts towards the end of 7th I had not really played Warhammer since the end of 4th with my Undead (as they were then).

Anyway, never played Daemons but am playing a friendly tournament next weekend with some friends. I'm not looking for an overly powerful list but what do you think of this?

Herald of Tzeentch - Disc, Master of Sorcery, Flames of Tzeentch (General)

Herald of Khorne - Battle Standard Bearer, Great Standard of Sundering, Armour of Khorne

19 Bloodletters - Full Command

10 Daemonettes - Full Command, Siren Standard

5 Flamers of Tzeentch - Pyrocaster

3 Screamers of Tzeentch

10 Flesh Hounds of Khorne

Fiend of Slaanesh

I am something of a fluffy gamer so always include all command options available for my units (it also really hurt to not include core Tzeentch units whilst having special and rare and to include Slaaneshi units without a character but there you go).

The main thing I have been thinking about is whether to have the Flesh Hounds in that big block or in two units of five.

dude.sweet101@yahoo.co.uk
26-09-2010, 13:54
You need a scroll

Flesh hounds hit pretty hard in a 10 and can inconvenience big blocks but probably won't break them, 2 x 5 are just very expensive warmachine hunters.

Flamers are fantastic.

Davo
27-09-2010, 17:49
Cheers mate,
Now when you mean scrolls you mean the gift that is the same as the dispel scroll? Or have I misread the rules, can Daemon characters take common magic items?

thesheriff
27-09-2010, 17:55
he means spell breakers. For your charecters, try;

*Herald of tzeentch, master of sorcery, spellbreaker, bsb
*Then, take skulltaker on foot (he's a bargain)
*Screamers are a bit, meh. Try more flamers or bloodletters. Or a juggernaught for skulltaker

Oh, and standard of sundering is rubbish now, with so many bonuses to casting now, and spells being hardereto cast, its just a very expensive, pointless banner. I like banner of hellfire in bigger games, but banner of unholy victory on combat bsbs and Standard of scaredy-ness is also good

thesheriff

dude.sweet101@yahoo.co.uk
27-09-2010, 18:32
yeah, what he said......

A khorne bsb on a jugger in a unit of 10-12 fleshhounds with the banner of +d3 combat res would be very nasty indeed, especially if you can trim a units ranks down with shooting and magic.

The problem is it's a bucketfull of points (circa 600-700)

I personally wouldn't take the flaming sword....there are too many HE armies and cheap magic items that stop flaming attacks.

oCoYoRoAoKo
28-09-2010, 09:31
Well daemon players dont really need to worry about overly powerful lists anymore but i digress...

Herald of Tzeentch - Disc, Master of Sorcery, Flames of Tzeentch (General) ~ I would swap out flames for a spellbreaker

Herald of Khorne - Battle Standard Bearer, Great Standard of Sundering, Armour of Khorne ~ At 1.5k you dont really need the standard of sundering on that BSB. I would drop it and just keep the herald as is and buy a jugger for him with the points you save

19 Bloodletters - Full Command

10 Daemonettes - Full Command, Siren Standard

Your Core is OK i guess. Personally i like to run 2 units of 10 naked daemonettes (snigger) aside my bloodletters (i know that you wont have the points for it now but when you expand the army it may be worth looking into). Depending on if you are running the herald on foot or not will change how many letters you can run but 20 + 2x10 daemonettes should be good for 1.5k

5 Flamers of Tzeentch - Pyrocaster ~ You shouldnt need the pyrocaster in here, i would just buy a 6th Flamer.

3 Screamers of Tzeentch ~ Never seen these guys used to any good effect so i would drop them.

10 Flesh Hounds of Khorne ~ Add the jugger herald here and blow through units.

Fiend of Slaanesh ~ Using the points saved from the screamers i would buy a second one and run them as single warmachine hunters.