PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Black Coaches?

vinny t
26-09-2010, 17:51
What are the rules for having multiple Black Coaches? Do you...

A) Roll all the pool dice, take out all sixes and give them to one Black Coach. Then do it again but this time leaving out the sixes you already rolled.

Ex: There are 6 pool dice. You roll them getting 1 six. Then you roll 5 dice
and get 0 sixes. So now one Black Coach has +1 on the chart, and the other has +0.

B) Roll all the pool dice and randomize the sixes

Ex: There are 6 pool dice. You roll 2 sixes. Then you randomize them among the Black Coaches in your army.

theunwantedbeing
26-09-2010, 17:58
The rules are in the black coach rules.
It's quite clear.

Re-check, page 47 under the Evocation of Death Special rule.
6th line

Shame this isnt a poll as seeing how many people don't have books to check(or havent bothered) might be interesting.

Makrar
Randomize each 6 to a coach i believe (its in the armybook)

Edit : Bah to late!

Tae
VC book p.47

Edit - Ninja'd

Kevlar
26-09-2010, 18:31
The rules are in the black coach rules.
It's quite clear.

Re-check, page 47 under the Evocation of Death Special rule.
6th line

Shame this isnt a poll as seeing how many people don't have books to check(or havent bothered) might be interesting.

Well the problems arise when you play someone and they tell you how the rule works but are cheating. Most people don't buy every armybook just to make sure they don't get cheated. So people come to the forums and ask.

I know I don't ask my opponent to show me his rule book every time I don't know how something in his army works. I just take their word for it and find out later if I think it was unfair.

theunwantedbeing
26-09-2010, 19:38
Most people don't buy every armybook just to make sure they don't get cheated.

I was under the impression that most people just ask there and then.

Your opponent is unlikely to ever refuse, it's hardly an accusation of cheating either.
Unless of course you say "I think your cheating, I want to see the rule" or words to that effect.

Tregar
26-09-2010, 20:07
More likely, you should go for the, "This rule sounds pretty funky, mind if I have a look myself?". Any response other than "No problem" (or similar) and smash him on the head with your rulebook.

WusteGeist
27-09-2010, 06:37
This is the heart of why one should bother to buy a army book. No one can rember every rule in clarity at all times. Not only does one need a reference but a reference that is written down by some one other than you the player, IE one can write something down wrong, so having the actual definition helps a ton.

Little Joe
27-09-2010, 09:54
Well the problems arise when you play someone and they tell you how the rule works but are cheating. Most people don't buy every armybook just to make sure they don't get cheated. So people come to the forums and ask.

I know I don't ask my opponent to show me his rule book every time I don't know how something in his army works. I just take their word for it and find out later if I think it was unfair.

Then the answer is randomize for more black coaches also when two are within 6" of a wizard.

While not every army book is needed, it is nice to know a bit of your opponents army to prepare for expected surprises. Don't want to buy? Borrow it from a friend and read it. Or like me just buy it for the official background.