PDA

View Full Version : Starting WoC 1K advice appreciated

Friendly
27-09-2010, 01:39
Hello,

Was thinking about starting a WoC army and was wondering how good is the following list using the following items:

battalion box
box of 3 chaos warriors
1 tzeentch hero on disc

1000 points
exalted champion - MoT, golden eye, book of secrets, shield, disc, bloodcurdling roar

20 chaos marauders - MoK standard musician flail

15 chaos warriors - MoT, standard, musician, warbanner, shield

5 warhounds
5 warhounds

5 chaos knights - MoT, standard, rage banner

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

_dandaman_
27-09-2010, 02:33
Hello,

Was thinking about starting a WoC army and was wondering how good is the following list using the following items:

battalion box
box of 3 chaos warriors
1 tzeentch hero on disc

1000 points
exalted champion - MoT, golden eye, book of secrets, shield, disc, bloodcurdling roar

This is the thing that needs major revamping, see the bottim of the post

20 chaos marauders - MoK standard musician flail

These guys are just to vulnerable to be in this form, may I suggest 20 warriors, HW/S + LA, one of the best road blocks on the game.

15 chaos warriors - MoT, standard, musician, warbanner, shield

These need a little reworking, see below.

5 warhounds
5 warhounds

5 chaos knights - MoT, standard, rage banner

The MoK is much cheaper, and the MoT really isn't as effective as it could be, that saves you 45 points if you drop the banner.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

My comments in red, the basic idea is that you really lack a unit that can kill ranks. I would reccoment that you change that warrior unit from tzneetch to khorne, and add halberds, this allows you to create a unit that will really take on a massive unit without a problem. I already talked about your knights and marauders. Since you're learning WoC, I would suggest using the marauders and knights in tandum, using the marauders to bog down a killy unit, and flank charge it with your knights.

As for your disk, he's the only thing that needs a major revamp. I would suggest making him a sorcerer, but if you don't want to run magic, i'll post the best build for both designs.

To start: The exalted
- MoT
- Disk
- Talisman of Preservation
- Favor of the Gods
- Halberd
- Shield

Sorcerer
- MoT
- Disk
- Lvl 2
- Golden Eye of Tzneetch
- Spell Familiar
- Charmed Shield

Hope this helps;

Dan

Demrog
27-09-2010, 14:54
Personally I'd not bother buying the 3 extra warriors, and put the money towards either some more marauders as 20 is a little too few in my opinion, or another proper box of warriors and run 2x12 with mark of khorne and halberds (these are scarily hard).

However, if you absolutely want to use the models, then I'd recommend something along these lines:

Exalted. MoT. Disc. Talisman of Preservation. Halberd. 189pts
20 Marauders. MoT. Light Armour & Shield. Std. Mus. 152pts
15 Warriors. MoK. Halberds. Std. Mus. 288 pts
5 Warhounds, 30pts
5 Warhounds, 30pts
5 Knights. MoT. Std. Mus. Blasted Standard. 290pts

That takes you to 979pts so you can either spend the extra on your exalted for the shield and/or favour or other 5pt magic item, or give your warriors a banner.

Your Knights are going to get shot at as even without frenzy they are hard hence the tzeench/blasted banner combo, or another build to consider is nurgle/rage.

Hope this helped a little!