8 Knights of the Inner Circle
Full Command
Steel Standard

5 Pistoliers
Musician

Hellblaster Volley Gun

Hellblaster Volley Gun

(1999)

It would appear I can't quite pluck up the courage to hawk them, as I finished painting the Warrior Priest rather spiffingly - so here's a list based around the character buffs in Lore of Beasts and the generic spell to augment the combat blocks.

theorox
27-09-2010, 09:50
Cool. You might wanna drop a knight or two and make the halberdiers bigger, a horde of them seems pretty cool! :D

Otherwise, looks very solid.

Theo

Nocculum
27-09-2010, 17:39
I intend to buy a single box of State Troops to augment both units to 30 :)

Thanks for your advice!

thesheriff
27-09-2010, 18:36
I personnaly think that those halberds would be better as swordsmen, not hordes, 5x5 for minimising enemy frontage. I would alos consider so serious cannon action. The 2 hellblasters are nice, but can only handle one thing in particular, big units. A cannon or 2 would help alot against monsters, warmachines, charecters or anything else annoying.

thesheriff

dude.sweet101@yahoo.co.uk
27-09-2010, 19:12
cannons are exceptional in 8th, I never leave home without 2 and a mortar or maybe a Helstorm.

Helstorms do well in the corner of a battlefield, away from your stuff and shooting across his battleline.Place the template touching the corner of a block and then resolve the hit normally (using the FAQ).They are so brutal that they force your opponent to spread his units out and some players will reform to minimise the damage, making their units wide instead of deep.You don't even have to hit to be effective........

Dan

oCoYoRoAoKo
28-09-2010, 10:33
I like the list. Personally i would make those Halberdiers into another unit of swordsmen though. Also, As has been mentioned before, canons really are great this edition so i would try to get a couple in (my personal fav being 2x canon and 2x mortar).