PDA

View Full Version : We ran out ta ...

tinytom113
27-09-2010, 10:12
I have 2 units of boys in my army. one has choppa and sheild an the other has spears and sheild / double weapons. Hence by placing differend unit types in my squads i can change the weapons they have game to game. Of course they all count as having the weapon type displayed at the front of the unit, (First 2 or 3 ranks). Would anyone have an isuue playing against that.
This set up allows me to play:

2x Choppa and Sheild
OR
1x Choppa and Sheild + 1x Spear and Sheild
OR
1x Choppa and Sheild + 1x Double Choppa
OR
1x Double Choppa + 1x Spear and Sheild

Korraz
27-09-2010, 10:50
Don't see a problem with that. Just tell me what they've got* and I'm fine.

*Well, you should do that anyway, at the start of the game.

Disciple of Caliban
27-09-2010, 11:25
its a common enough way of doing things and i've never heard of anyone objecting, the only potentially confusing thing is if youve spears in the rear ranks and the unit isnt armed with spears.

But so long as you say at the start of them game that your units are armed with the weapons shown in the front two ranks i dont think anyone would seriously object.

tinytom113
27-09-2010, 15:45
Also i see as asethetic i.e orcs arn't regimented so the chances are they are gonna turn up with what they can find, scavange or steal

Tychonis
27-09-2010, 16:22
I field my orcs in the same way.
My regiments are just bands of orcs armed with 2 choppa's.
But the occasional orc wears a spear+choppa or 2 choppa's with a shield on their back or on one of their choppa arms.

For Orcs this is definately one of the sweetest looking ways of displaying them, atleast in my opinion. It really reflects the ragtag spirit of an orc warband.

As said, just be clear as to what the regiment is wielding at the start of the combat, you don't want to say the opponent your orcs wear shields once they're being hailed by arrows, but that generally goes without saying.