PDA

View Full Version : Gobbo bane of chosen

mteutli
27-09-2010, 18:19
Here is the resume

a unit of Big ones charge the flank of a Chosens Unit of tzeentch chit WS 3+ via warshire, then a goblin Warboss charges with a unit of orks in front (spell Whaagh)

The goblin had an item that don't allow use of ward saves to models touched by he.

in combat phase the big ones attaks wiht 12 attaks directed to the chossen that is touching the goblin.

first question.

what happens with the saves??? all 12 wounds negate ward save?

Second cuestion, it is permited that all 12 attacks are directed to just one model or they hit the unit as a whole???

I really apreciated your comments.

Mid'ean
27-09-2010, 18:53
Q(1) Any model that is touching the goblin will not be able to take a WS. Just those models though. The rest of the units will get it's sv's.

Q(2) They will strike the unit as a whole

mteutli
27-09-2010, 19:57
i will describe better the situation

CCCCCCC SSSS
CCCCCCC SSSS
CCCCCCC SSSS
OOOOOOG SSSS
OOOOOO SSSS
OOOOOO
OOOOOO

C=CHOSEN
S=SAVAGE ORC
O=ORC
G=GOBLIN

There are two Chosens in contact with the goblin
One of them chosen is in contact with three Savege Orcs
can these three savage orcs direct their attacks and support attacks to the chosen that is in contact with the gobblin?
if yes, does the wounds inflicted to the chosen allow WS?

TheDarkDaff
28-09-2010, 12:37
In 7th Ed it was mentioned that you could drill down to that level if you wished to but then you are doing the hits to those specific models rather than the greater unit. That means you can only kill those models and no one else.

Best compromise i think there is is simply pick some different colour dice for any attacks against those models and use them to roll to hit, wound, AS and WS (or not in this case).

mteutli
28-09-2010, 16:23
I agree with you, that only can kill one model with no Ward saves, the other wounds are to the unit as a whole and have WS
:)