PDA

View Full Version : Terror

Rabid Bunny 666
28-05-2005, 02:05
this may sound n00bish, but is terror range 4'', 6'' or 8''?

there has been many discussions about this at my local GW* and we still haven't all agreed as it isn't in the book

*read "discussions" as "arguments"

neXus6
28-05-2005, 02:08
I believe (read as guess) it is 6 and I also believe it is in the rulebook.

Avian
28-05-2005, 10:39
Read the Terror section in the rulbook, it's 6".

It used to be 8" in 4th/5th edition...

Snoozer
28-05-2005, 10:41
IT IS in the rule book:
page 82 under TERROR.

Point 1 if charged or charging a terror causing unit take a terror test
Point 2 if within 6" of an terror causing unit at the start of the turn take a terror test.

Those ain't the exact word from the book, but for those you actually have to open the book for once. ;)

:D

Rabid Bunny 666
28-05-2005, 12:15
thanks, i am a n00b to fanasy anyways :D

Harrisondaly
04-06-2005, 16:17
if u read teh rulebook it says 6"

samael
05-06-2005, 12:10
thanks, i am a n00b to fanasy anyways :D

Don't worry to much about it, I played it wrongly for months when they came with the 6th edition.

I couldn't believe it when someone told me they had decreased the range of terror, they had top get the book out before I gave in. :o

EvC
05-06-2005, 14:09
One thing I wanna know about terror/ fear, is that if, say through an over-run or pursuit a fear/ terror-causing enemy ends up in combat with a normal unit, does the normal unit have to take a fear/ terror test at any point? I think it says in the rules that when this happens they don't need to because of the "surprise" element, but do you still need to take a terror test if you start in b2b contact with a terror-causing unit and haven't taken one before?

Joe Cool
05-06-2005, 17:26
One thing I wanna know about terror/ fear, is that if, say through an over-run or pursuit a fear/ terror-causing enemy ends up in combat with a normal unit, does the normal unit have to take a fear/ terror test at any point? I think it says in the rules that when this happens they don't need to because of the "surprise" element, but do you still need to take a terror test if you start in b2b contact with a terror-causing unit and haven't taken one before?

Sure, since you are within 6" of a terror causing creature.

JC